03/28/24 at 14:30:47 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DBII question (Read 13171 times)
CCooney
Verified Member

DBII question
05/23/14 at 00:03:00

Hey all, I just built my 10" death box and I was wondering if I carpet it, will it change the sound? I noticed in the plans that it is recommended to paint the box. Also it says to run the wire through the port, but I can't do that if my sub is mounted inside the sealed section?

IP Logged
CCooney
Verified Member

Re: DBII question
Reply #1 - 05/24/14 at 16:55:46

Not a lot of chatter on this site? It's all good. I ran the wire through a hole and caulked around it. I built 2 of them and did carpet them and these 10's thump! Shocked

IP Logged
pbLarry
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 05/24/14 at 17:30:59

I brought my wire in through the bottom and routed a dado up the side of the insert. Then just stuffed some rope caulk (in case I ever needed to remove it) around the hole before putting the top on the box.
It worked out well and stayed completely hidden. I've attached a picture of the sealed dado just before closing up the box.

small_DBII_0542.jpg

60's musician stuck in the digital age
  IP Logged
CCooney
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 05/24/14 at 17:36:41

Nice! So the wire is coming out through the port? I'll have to throw a pic up of mine.

IP Logged
pbLarry
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 05/24/14 at 17:46:50

well actually, I made a hidden channel in the bottom. I built this one for a home theater so did my best to maintain a "furniture" look to the box. I posted a picture of mine ( it was actually for my son) on the user gallery.

60's musician stuck in the digital age
  IP Logged
CCooney
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 05/25/14 at 05:32:00

Can't seem to upload any pics. Lame.

IP Logged
CCooney
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 05/25/14 at 16:57:47

The fine print says I can't post pics until I've had at least 5 normal posts? This should be #5 then haha.

IP Logged
CCooney
Verified Member

Reply #7 - 05/25/14 at 17:02:59

That didn't work either :/ Oh well. I'll just go for a drive and enjoy my new system!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print