03/19/24 at 07:30:15 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My New Taboo MKIII (Read 7071 times)
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

My New Taboo MKIII
04/11/14 at 17:54:35

Picked up my new Taboo yesterday. It was all wrapped up when I got there. Who ever does the job of packing these things did a great job. It took me forever to get it out.
First thing to tell you is that the pictures don't do this amp justice. This thing is a beast, heavy and beautiful. The walnut base just sets it off. So pretty much have been in music heaven this whole morning. Put on some Enigma and set the lucid mode on for both. Great sound. Using my Modified Fostex headphones with it. Perfect match!!!
If you don't have one yet, get one!

IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Re: My New Taboo MKIII
Reply #1 - 05/02/14 at 17:23:33

Well I think over 128 hours on this thing. It runs a minimum of 8 hours a day. No problems at all. The sound is great but there is one problem. This thing throws such a 3D soundstage that I keep on turning around thinking someone is talking to me or that they dropped something behind me.  ;D

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #2 - 05/03/14 at 02:37:20

Glad you are enjoying that Taboo! I'm sitting here marveling at my ZP3, in some ways this is, imo, Steve's crowning non-power amplifier product.

Right now, "Illusions," ABC/Impulse. Definitely aged cheese moments throughout, but damn it's Jimmy Ponder, he's always worth hearing if you bend any strings.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 05/03/14 at 04:14:18

Wow. This lp has never sounded this good on this system. The recent ZP3 reconfiguration* really has born fruit. Awesome sound.

*improved interconnect, removed CSP2+ from between it and Torii Mk III, placed it on a PowerBase (with the other CSP2+), put in Furutech fuse.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 05/06/14 at 14:44:56

Lon,
I need to check those two albums out. One of these days I would also like to get the ZP3 but not in the budget any time soon. For now concentrating on buying more music. I am done with the headphone setup for now so need more music to play through it. The only thing that might need to be updated in the future is the DAC. Still using an older style NOS dac, but for now just enjoying the music.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #5 - 05/06/14 at 14:57:33

dk, THAT is what it is all about, or should be!

Not sure why I was posting the second lp on this thread I think I thought it was the "What's Spinninng" thread! Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print