Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 11:58:44 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Longest interconnect with ZP3? (Read 3839 times)
UpTo11
Verified Member

Longest interconnect with ZP3?
02/16/14 at 12:38:30

I'm setting up a new system and my preference is to locate the TT/ZP3 outside of the speakers and the Torii between the speakers (for reasons related to room design).

This will require a 9' IC between the ZP3---Torii. Has anyone run single ended cable of this length from their ZP3 with success?

The alternative is to locate both the ZP3 & Torii outside of the speakers and run 15' speaker cable.

Torii IV, ZP3, Well Tempered Amadeus GTA, Tekton Lore
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Longest interconnect with ZP3?
Reply #1 - 02/16/14 at 13:44:12

If you can make 12'9" work I recommend this low-priced (clearance priced) interconnect. I've used it between a source and Torii Mk III in my second system for a spell before I did some reconfiguring. It took a bit of time to open up (that's a lot of copper and insulation) but when it did it surprised me at how good it sounds, quite detailed yet rich sounding, but not thick sounding. I'm a big proponent of PCOCC, I have it in power cables and interconnects and to me there is a valuable, beneficial difference.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/ETHEXSA4/ETHEREAL-EXS-A4-Silve...

4844.Jpg

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
UpTo11
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 02/16/14 at 17:20:46

Lon - I will check these out... Thanks.  I wonder if shielding and low capacitance are needed for such a long run of single ended cables.

Torii IV, ZP3, Well Tempered Amadeus GTA, Tekton Lore
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 02/16/14 at 18:01:16

Necessary. . . I don't know. Might be helpful though. I've moved to shielded cables over time and don't believe that unshielded always sound better than shielded. And with shielded there's far less hum and noise overall.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print