Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/24/24 at 01:39:01 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Zbox - no audio signal (Read 3286 times)
gandalf
Verified Member

Zbox - no audio signal
02/14/14 at 23:02:06

I just sold my zbox to another user and upon receipt (shipped via USPS) he advised the device is not working when he installed it in his system.  He installed it between the source (CD) and amp.  He verified the gain was turned up full and he also verified the tube is lit but gets no audio signal.  I also had him confirm the interconnects were configured correctly in/out.  When he removed the device his CD plays fine.

Given the tube appears to be powering up is there anything else that would prevent the audio signal from passing?  Should the audio signal pass if the tube was damaged somehow?

Any advice or input would be appreciated.
Thanks.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Zbox - no audio signal
Reply #1 - 02/14/14 at 23:49:48

All I can think of is the input and output connections are in fact reversed. . . . if you are both sure that they are correct (I always think they should go the other way than they do on my ZBox) and the tube is "aglow" . . . I don't know why it wouldn't be working.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 02/15/14 at 15:50:59

I would have him double check the wires again. Looking at the back, the right RCAs are from his CD player. The left RCAs will go to his amp. If that is OK, then have him change the tube to a different one or make sure it is seated all the way. If still nothing than have him take the bottom cover off to see if a wire came loose because of shipping. Those are the things I would check.

IP Logged
gandalf
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 02/15/14 at 16:05:42

Thanks guys.  I reckon its not connected correctly too.  A loose connection might be the case but he doesnt want to open it up.  I guess I'll have him return it and check myself.  Theres probably nothing wrong.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print