Send Topic Print
This is how I felt... (Read 6429 times)
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

This is how I felt...
02/12/14 at 16:44:40

This is an interesting video - this is how I felt after listening to Steve's original listening room, back 15 years ago.

http://youtu.be/5SiMOvWYFmo

I need to get my room up to this level ASAP.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Re: This is how I felt...
Reply #1 - 02/15/14 at 21:57:46

Excellent video ... Did you see those Activated Carbon Diaphragmatic Absorbers and diffusors?  He doesn't believe in Bass Traps ... too bad most of his stuff is out of my price range (not to mention that I just don't have a room that I could fit stuff like that in), but I would love to have 2 of those QDA-17 Quadratic Diffusor Absorbers.

I wish he would have shown the room rather than just talking to that guy.

How do you think his DIY diffusors compare to Decware's?  Steve's cost way less that's for sure.

IP Logged
JSantos
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 03/07/16 at 11:18:53

Not really judging because it's DIY, but Decware's products are measured based on the average home studio's needs.  

Steve's could probably be cheaper. Given what he's done in that video, I'd definitely buy from him or employ his services to build me something like that.

That video shows how awesome his stuff really sounds!

IP Logged
Jeff1

Reply #3 - 03/09/16 at 01:48:10

What problem or room issue are you trying to address or improve? From what I could see in that video the test subject was sitting right up against the diffuser. I would think in that case he my be sensing more absorbtion rather than diffusion.

PI Audio Uberbuss, Esoteric K05X, ELF gold Interconnect, TabooMK4,ZMF Silver Michanikos, ZMF Atrium Closed Back.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print