Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/04/24 at 07:38:03 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
FS: VH Flavor 4 Power Cable 4 ft x 2, $90 each (Read 8998 times)
agustinf
Verified Member

FS: VH Flavor 4 Power Cable 4 ft x 2, $90 each
11/28/13 at 20:05:21

Hi,

I am selling two VH Flavor 4 Power Cable, 4ft. @$90 each + $10 shipping*.

They are used but in very good condition. Can't see any faults in them, but they are not new so some wear is evident. I am now using them to feed my Torii (MkIII) and CSP2+, and I bought into the idea of having the same cable from the same outlet (in my case a power conditioner).

In case you haven't used them, they are heavy. They are not easy to bend. People do love them.

Thanks for looking.
Agustin

*I am located in Washington DC, in case someone is interested in Picking up the cable(s).

photo_7.JPG
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Re: FS: VH Flavor 4 Power Cable 4 ft x 2, $90 each
Reply #1 - 11/28/13 at 20:13:55

Hey agustinf. What are the IEC and AC plug materials?

Thanks,

Will

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV>Omega S-A-H-O monitors/SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
agustinf
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 11/28/13 at 21:30:21

Will,

I am sorry, but I am not sure. I checked their webpage but couldn't figure it out. They say " Deep Cryogenic treatment of conductors is standard, including the ground wire and the connectors (using standard WattGate connectors) " . Not even sure if all flavor 4s were like that or if the cryotreatment started at some point with the " new " flavor 4s.

Agustin

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 11/28/13 at 22:33:19

Yes it looks confusing. I think VHAudio has been into cryo a a while, so that is probably the case. When did you buy them?

I just noticed that the connectors were a required choice when I clicked the add to cart thing, and the choices presented seem to be really good in my experience...Furutech copper, gold or rhodium. Not sure, but I wonder if at some point the "standard WattGate connectors" meant the ones with brass contacts were a base option, and that has changed. This would make a difference for me in my interest.

It is hard to tell from your picture, but copper would be obvious, and gold a little less so since it is closer in color to brass, but it is warmer looking. I think brass wattgates tend to have a sort of cooler flavor to the brass color than gold.

If you are up for it, I wonder if you could figure it out by looking at the pics here:

http://www.vhaudio.com/connectors-ac.html

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV>Omega S-A-H-O monitors/SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
agustinf
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 11/29/13 at 14:21:44

Will,

As to when, I bought them a couple of years ago, but used. And I am not sure (nor I can find out, unfortunately) when they were made.

As to the connectors, I'd say the are the Wattgate. The termination is done so the top of the connector is not exposed so I can't read the brand.

And an unrelated comment: where you the one who posted a while ago that you were using Brimar 6BQ7A in a CSP2? I had very good results with that tube, both in CSP2 and Torii mk III (and they can be found very cheap... NOS NIB now on eBay!)

Happy Thxg~!

Agust'in

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 11/29/13 at 18:09:30

Thanks for checking it out Agustin. I have a VHaudio flavor 2 DIY power cable with gold Furutech ends that is really good with a lot of stuff, and now doing very nicely to the CSP3. This is the same basic design as your 4s but with a different internal wire configuration...2 twisted 12 AWG wires, as opposed to the four, star quad twisted 12 AWG wires with the 4s.

I bet those 4s sound amazing! Great reviews on them!

Unfortunately, I have been pretty into the subtle changes the Furutech ends give with the cables I have changed over from Wattgate.

And yes, I really like the Brimars in the CSP3, though lately, some Ediswans I found I like a bit better...a bit warmer without losing the brilliant clarity of the Brimars. They were both made by BVA if I recall correctly, so I wonder if they are just different production years. Unfortunately, I am not home to compare.

Thanks, and best of luck with the cables. I am convinced they would be a huge upgrade from standard cables, and by many reports, better than cables many times more expensive than your price! Not surprising. I think Chris Venhaus has a great ear and technique. I mean V-caps came from the same dedication to good sound!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to you also....I am sure thankful for our great music and the Decware to help pull it into life!

IP Logged
agustinf
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 12/01/13 at 02:44:22

Sure Will, no problem.

I hear you about the Furutechs, and I now fear you're taking me into a new path (I'll try to resist though, I still haven't settled with the rest of the equipment).

Best
Agustin

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 12/05/13 at 05:11:56

Yes, the Furutech stuff is really good, but Wattgate is no slouch! Amazing for the money really. I have no doubt your cables sound great.

I looked at the Ediswan 6BQ7A compared to the Brimar and they are much the same to the top of the top mica, but then they change. Heavier construction on the getter assembly and riser on the Ediswan. If you run across some, you might enjoy them.

IP Logged
hifitubes
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 12/11/13 at 02:42:58

Sold?

IP Logged
agustinf
Verified Member

Reply #9 - 12/14/13 at 12:53:05

Sorry, I've been out of the forums for a couple of days.

And responding to your question, they are still available, hifitubes.

IP Logged
agustinf
Verified Member

Reply #10 - 12/24/13 at 15:24:48

Ok, they are begging to stay with me for a while long, so I'm suspending the sale of the power cables.

Cheers.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print