Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/06/24 at 16:09:08 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
hornshoppe horn with Decware superzen (Read 3117 times)
juszat
Verified Member

hornshoppe horn with Decware superzen
11/16/13 at 18:06:33

Hi. I am new to this forum even though I own and very much like my Decware superzen . I am considering to surprise my sister who lives in Hungary with a Superzen and speaker combo . I have been doing some research on different speakers . Finally I came to a conclusion to purchase Ed Schillin's "horn " . I need some imput about this combination. It will be shipped to Hungary and therefore I can't audition it and returning them to the Horneshoppe if it's not a good match is simply not economical . I would like to choose something they can love for years to come . Any advice is highly appreciated . I have omega super 3 in my bedroom with a superzen and I love them therfore its not out of the question but Ed gave me a quote with shipping which is simply too good to pass up .

IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Re: hornshoppe horn with Decware superzen
Reply #1 - 11/17/13 at 21:40:55

How big is her listening space?  Horns usually need a little breathing room for them to open up ... I previously tried some horns (not from the hornshoppe ~ they were a Klipsch model), but because I listen mostly nearfield they were not for me. I am a fan of single range drivers though and there are some good ones out there.

IP Logged
Lin
Ex Member

Re: hornshoppe horn with Decware superzen
Reply #2 - 11/18/13 at 04:40:15

The Horn Shoppes should work fine, hard to say whether or not they will like the sound.
If the price is good, would you be able to resale?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print