Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/06/24 at 12:45:23 

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Post a Pic of a Favorite Musician (Read 5910 times)
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Re: Post a Pic of a Favorite Musician
Reply #50 - 11/06/13 at 18:16:44

Queen Box Set?  

http://www.amazon.com/Queen-40-Volume-1/dp/B004SBB0LU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=138...

http://www.amazon.com/Queen-40-Volume-2/dp/B0057TZIMY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=138...

I don't know honestly. It's been since the '80s that I've really sat down and been intimate with Queen records. I pretty much wore out side A of the LP Jazz.

http://www.amazon.com/Jazz-Queen/dp/B000000OAH/ref=ntt_mus_ep_dpi_22

And The Game is classic

http://www.amazon.com/The-Game-Bonus-Track-Queen/dp/B000000OAJ/ref=ntt_mus_ep_dp...

I've played some of the Greatest Hits CDs I have today, and they honestly sound pretty flat. I'm not sure if that's the modern pressings, or if maybe they simply are just that flat. If I were to do it today, I would probably get the box set. In fact, I might just ask for it for Xmas since I really haven't replaced all my old LPs with CDs.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #51 - 11/06/13 at 18:43:06

Thanks LR, I'll look for "The Game" and "Jazz" LPs at Half Price Books and Records after work Friday.  I'll report back.

I went through a phase with this group long ago.  I need to pull out the Box set of CDs and see how it sounds with all the Decware goodness.  Mark.

images_2.jpg

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #52 - 11/07/13 at 16:08:56

Unbelievably no one has posted this guy. Love this pic.  By the way, at the Mosaic Records site a print of this photo is for sale for a limited time.  About $250, if I remember correctly.  Mark.

images_3.jpg

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
Syd
Seasoned Member

Reply #53 - 11/07/13 at 19:09:05

Decware: Rachaels x 2 bridged, C. SP2+, ZP3, ZMC1, DHC-1 pw/cbl`s Michell Orbe + SME V + M.Benz LP s, Arcam CD33, Nakamichi LX5, Lowther acoustas DX2`s, WE 16g sp/cbl`s, Isotek mains substation, M & K subwoofer, Belden 8402 interconnects.
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #54 - 11/07/13 at 21:00:49

Who is that above this post?

I found some Mozart discs today...I'll listen tonight.

mozart.jpg

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #55 - 11/07/13 at 21:26:57

Marky, is that Jeff Beck?  I'm not used to seeing him with sleeves or so young.  Mark  PS....this is more like it.

jeff-beck-06.jpg

IP Logged
Syd
Seasoned Member

Reply #56 - 11/07/13 at 21:43:20

Jeff Becks an artist I`ve sadly neglected over the years. I did have a Beck, Bogart and Apiece album years ago with a track called Jody I think. Very meloncholy jazz feel mmm.

The pic above is Peter Green betwixt and between his early later/now years

Decware: Rachaels x 2 bridged, C. SP2+, ZP3, ZMC1, DHC-1 pw/cbl`s Michell Orbe + SME V + M.Benz LP s, Arcam CD33, Nakamichi LX5, Lowther acoustas DX2`s, WE 16g sp/cbl`s, Isotek mains substation, M & K subwoofer, Belden 8402 interconnects.
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #57 - 11/07/13 at 22:02:22

Ok, I found that pic online.  He sure looks different now.  Jeff Beck looks more like he did in your photo than he does.  Mark.

images_4.jpg

IP Logged
Syd
Seasoned Member

Reply #58 - 11/07/13 at 22:13:36

Just been playing his `Portrait` album again Mark. The track Slabo Day always gets me going. The 2 chord rythym  really hits that `oh ye
s` spot.
As it`s my birthday.... Smiley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_w7XGeo5K0

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #59 - 11/07/13 at 22:48:36

Birthday huh...that must be what the Birthday cake with one candle was for on your profile when i looked earlier. The big six oh...I'm not far behind.  Did we give our birth date with registration...I don't remember.  I'll have to investigate Peter Green more.  Mark.

PS...here's a nice slow blues by Peter Green with the photo you posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXXI87DHL-s

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #60 - 11/08/13 at 00:20:07

Another November baby?! I knew there was something I liked about you. Happy Birthday!

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #61 - 11/08/13 at 12:37:45

OK, I'll kill two Birds, so to speak, with one stone.  I have had a 2 CD set of Charlie Parker in my car for a while....I think it's Dial recordings.  I seem to always skip them because the sound quality isn't very good.  I've got the Verve box and the sound there is better. I also have been enjoying Dizzy's newest box on Mosaic...so here's my Pic...Mark.

CharlieParkerDizzyGillespieCharlieParkerDizzyGillespi.jpg

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #62 - 11/09/13 at 12:46:28

I saw a DSO Pops program last night called "A Night At The Cotton Club" with Jeff Tyzik, Byron Stripling, Ted Louis Levy and a singer named Carmen Bradford. She was the last singer personally hired by Count Basie...my next choice.  Mark.

PS...I'm adding some links of Byron Stripling and Carmen Bradford....enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24JtesO12jU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96a-4rG48PY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6iqSbG2Umo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aHBMRiZI-o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHCMyf5JdCs

Count_Basie_in_Rhythm_and_Blues_Revue.jpg

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #63 - 11/10/13 at 14:13:51

Another twofer...

LouisArmstrongOscarPetersonLouisArmstrongOscarPeterso.jpg

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #64 - 11/10/13 at 14:18:47

Chris Whitley

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #65 - 11/10/13 at 14:40:30

Donnie,  I can't believe you picked him.  About 6 months, maybe more, ago I discovered him during a you tube Musical Journey...I pretty much listened to all I could find...more than once.  Now I'll do it again.  First off to Spotify then you tube. Thanks for reminding me of Chris.  Mark.

PS...Donnie, I'm sure you've listened to his daughter....right?  She's amazing too. Some Trixie...check her out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Onsz1TbU-j4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz60ur2U44Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lvp1hYslS4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPRxeiHphiA

Trixey-whitley-1350318969.jpg

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #66 - 11/10/13 at 21:01:54

Mark, I've been a fan of Chris Whitley for quite a while. I always loved his guitar playing and Junky Blues songs.
I'm pretty sure that I bought Black Dub's album but it doesn't seem to have made a impression on me. I will have to play it again.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #67 - 11/11/13 at 13:05:01

another

images_5.jpg

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #68 - 11/16/13 at 00:05:59

One of my very favorite musical minds, Pee Wee (Charles Ellsworth) Russell.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #69 - 11/16/13 at 00:43:06

I listened to a little of the Hawk today.

download.jpg

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #70 - 11/18/13 at 14:21:57

I've been listening to a lot of  Gerry Mulligan in the past few months...with Chet Baker, in his Concert Jazz Band, smaller groups and collaborations with other greats...Mark.

download_1.jpg

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #71 - 11/18/13 at 20:49:55

Of Course...

download_2.jpg

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #72 - 11/21/13 at 19:02:38

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #73 - 11/21/13 at 21:41:47

LOL Lon,  Love the girls with the soul patches.  Who's next to Diz?

Here's a favorite as a solo act, in a Big Band, trio with Pat Metheny, with Joni Mitchell, with Weather Report....whatever.  Mark.

images_7.jpg

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #74 - 11/21/13 at 21:52:00

Not sure, a friend of mine says it's Bird. . .I'm not sure.

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #75 - 11/21/13 at 21:59:12

My guess was Bird...he needs to trim his finger nails...

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print