Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Zenfest 2013 - Music (Read 13897 times)
maddog07
Seasoned Member

seeker of truth

Zenfest 2013 - Music
10/25/13 at 23:20:15

OK... I can't believe it.  I haven't seen anybody post about the most important thing all of us in this hobby should be concerned about - "The Music".  

What music did you fellow attendees hear at the fest this year from other attendees collections that you had not heard before, liked, and just had to own?

I'll start this out:  Thanks Zygi for turning me on to "The Civil Wars"... I just got a couple of their discs... great music.

Decware Torii MK3, Wyred4Sound DAC2, Theta Digital Miles, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5, Aesthetix Calypso, Wyred STP-SE, Martin Logan Vista, Audio Nirvana 12" Alnico's, PS Audio PW P5, Goertz, Kimber, Nordost and DIY wires, PSA pwr cords, Cary SLI-80, DM945's.....
  IP Logged
SteveC
Seasoned Member

Re: Zenfest 2013 - Music
Reply #1 - 10/26/13 at 00:42:34

IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 10/28/13 at 22:58:55

I did Shazam on all the Fest Videos and was able to identify about 90% of the music on those videos.  If there were an easy way to get those tags out of Shazam, I would post them.  There was more great music at the Fest, but its a start.

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #3 - 10/29/13 at 03:09:56

Totally there is!

I was the one that suggested people go back and Shazam the tunes they want to figure out. I've been watching some videos on you tube of rich guys showing off their $100k systems, and when I find a tune that's unusually striking, I bust out Shazam to figure out the tune, then I E-mail the results to myself using the share feature.

This is one I did during the DecFest.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I just used Shazam to discover Melting World by Suspended Memories & Steve Roach & Jorge Reyes & Suso Saiz. http://shz.am/t61401852

Sent from my HTC on the Now Network from Sprint!

I have an usually bad memory, so I need to leverage technology to help me remember things!!

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 10/29/13 at 19:56:29

Raven,  I have all those songs from the fest videos as Shazam tags on my phone.  Is it easy to share them in bulk like you did with that one song above?

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 10/29/13 at 19:59:13

I tried doing them one at a time, but they are giving me links within iTunes, not just the link to the song in Shazam.  I am on an iPhone and that may be the difference.

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #6 - 10/29/13 at 21:02:01

I've never done bulk, and it sounds like it's slightly different on my android. I have the option of sending an E-mail as my Share.

Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 10/29/13 at 21:04:38

My share sends me an e-mail, but the link goes straight to iTunes, not the song.  I'll keep playing with it.

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #8 - 10/29/13 at 21:40:02

There are a couple other programs for Android users. There is Sound Hound, and I think the other one is done by Google and called something like "what song is this".

I've not used them though, since all I need typically is an E-mail reminder to look up the song when I get home.

Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 10/29/13 at 22:15:21

Figured it out.

Here is one link, for example:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/its-for-you/id272148072?i=272148184

I'll see if I can post some others later.

IP Logged
mkoepsel
Verified Member

Reply #10 - 10/31/13 at 06:37:37

Has anyone made a list of what was played? I watched most of the videos. Didn't recognize a lot of the material.

Mark

IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #11 - 10/31/13 at 11:51:23

Here are some of the songs played that I liked and downloaded from iTunes to see if I wanted to buy the CD.  Sorry, can't figure out how to shrink the image.

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #12 - 10/31/13 at 12:50:37

I was kinda surprised to hear Joe Satriani on the first video of Decfest.

When I went to visit Steve the first time 15 years ago, I popped that same disc in and Steve's like "this is recorded really well!".

I'm not surprised he said that, because much like what Steve was doing at the time, Joe had a tube mic preamp made, and used a tube based mixing board going to tape. Joe has a good ear...and right now I'm finding myself wondering what kind of stereo he has.  ;D

Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #13 - 10/31/13 at 14:03:15

I'll probably buy the Antonio Forcione disc.  You should check it out for 3D imaging.

Also, the Gary Burton, Joanne Taylor Shaw and Larry Carlton discs.

IP Logged
mkoepsel
Verified Member

Reply #14 - 10/31/13 at 16:26:40

Hey Palomino, Thanks for the list. I'll check them out.

Mark

IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #15 - 10/31/13 at 16:37:13

No problem.

There are more songs on the videos, those are just one's that I heard at the fest and/or liked when I watched the videos.

Shazam is a pretty neat ap.  There were only two songs (classical I think) that it did not recognize.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print