Send Topic Print
Faraday Cage... (Read 7236 times)
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Faraday Cage...
09/12/13 at 22:35:33

Is it bad that I've added Faraday Cage to the list of what my future listening room must have??

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Faraday Cage...
Reply #1 - 09/13/13 at 00:01:07

Lots of laughs! I'd love one too!

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #2 - 09/13/13 at 00:18:33

What else is on your list, Lon? Maybe I can pilfer some ideas from you!

I'm talking realistic though...like something I could build in my basement over the next year.

Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 09/13/13 at 00:33:28

My list really isn't one. I've pretty much every audio thing I have ever wanted and more.

I could use one more PowerBase, could put either one of my CSP2+ and the ZP3 on it or both CSP2+ on it. And I want two more AC-12 power cords to complete my main system with those cords.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #4 - 09/13/13 at 01:00:14

If you've read my posts, you know I'm a firm believer that the room is as important as the gear you put into it.

My list for dedicated room:

Dedicated Power - I'm even considering running the same wire the Zen Styx are made from between the breaker box and dedicated outlet.

Lots of wood! I like a very live but controlled room. I plan on thick carpet with good padding, well placed broadband and bass absorbers, and lots of hardwood diffusers!

Low noise floor, both acoustically and electrically - so heavy, well insulated walls, windows plugged, insulated (diffused) ceiling, and the aforementioned Faraday Cage.  :D

Wrap it up with a comfy chair and Decware gear and I'm all set!   Grin

Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #5 - 09/13/13 at 01:10:23

I know room is important. I no longer own a home (selling mine for three times what I paid for it lessens the blow) and can't adapt or adjust my room. So. . . I put anything along those lines off my list.

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #6 - 09/13/13 at 01:13:59

Sounds like you made a good choice. I bought my current (first) home, a few months before the market crashed. I'm at least 30k under-water...so I'm going to be here a while...I might as well enjoy it...

Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #7 - 09/13/13 at 01:21:49

Well, I had to move across the country, from Texas to Ohio, to help my parents, who aren't in very good shape, stay in their home. I'm renting a town home here, lots of stuff in boxes. My house in Austin was paid for for five years and sold before the listing hit the web. Location, location, location--I was where lots wanted to be, just north of the University.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print