CSP3 TEASER PHOTO (Read 7523 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

CSP3 TEASER PHOTO
08/31/13 at 01:31:32

Will be working on the web page for the new CSP3 soon.  Price $1095

That said, anyone with an oder in before I get the page edited will be locked in at the CSP2+ price of $895

Just go on the site and order the CSP2+ and you will actually get the new CSP3 for the old price.  The options are the same on both units.  

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Re: CSP3 TEASER PHOTO
Reply #1 - 08/31/13 at 04:44:50

She's a real beauty Steve ... Just curious, can we get a stepped attenuator with a cream chicken beak on the CSP3? (I'm thinking it looks like a pretty tight squeeze)

IP Logged
thegrobe
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 08/31/13 at 05:48:07

Wow, looks beautiful! I can't hardly wait for my CSP3 to arrive...

Jriver MC > Audiophilleo 2+PurePower > Audio-GD SA-2 DAC > Decware Zen Triode CSP3 > Decware Zen Taboo mkIII > Norse Audio Skuld 8 > HD800 (also: DH Labs Silver Revelation / SoundSilver Interconnects...And a few fistfulls of tubes!)
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #3 - 08/31/13 at 15:11:30

Wow...talking about an awesome picture.  I have to say that while I originally liked the white top, the black finish makes it look much more captivating!!

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 08/31/13 at 15:16:57

Consider me "teased."

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Rizlaw
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 09/02/13 at 23:41:13

My CSP3 (#001) is improving sonically each day. It's well past the 5 by 5 burn-in and the clarity, depth, width of the soundstage keeps improving. Some nights when the electrons are flowing in synchonicity, it's spooky real and quite lovely sounding via the Taboo III and Omega 3Es. I'm currently using Audioquest Diamond (silver) cables between my W4S DAC-2, CSP3 and Taboo III, and wondering if Steve's silver interconnects can make any further improvements.

As for Beowulf's inquiry on a cream chick beak knob attenuator knob, I'd say forget it, especially if you intend on putting .5" diameter knobs on the left/right input control shafts (see my post & photos in the CSP2+ thread about the CSP3). Assuming you can pull the stock .75" gold knob off without damaging the attenuator pot, without measuring the overall diameter of the cream chick beak knob, I still don't believe there is enough space before you hit the bare left/right input control shafts. I also recall Steve posting somewhere that the current gold knob was the only one that would fit in this area. IMO, three 1/2" diameter round knobs up front would be the best way to go for spacing reasons.  

EDIT 09/03/13:

I finally decided to take the risk and remove the stock gold (press fit) knob from the CSP3. It wasn't as bad as I thought. I used a small thin pair of curved needle nose pliers from my computer repair kit and very gently lifted the knob up and off the shaft while simultaneously pulling the gold knob from the top with my free hand. I think it works out better than Steve's "two bread knives" solution. Wink Wink

The volume attenuator shaft is not a 1/4" diameter solid shaft like the other 4 shafts on the CSP3; its split and looks like a gear (female "V" grooves around it's circumference). These grooves are the reciprocals of the male grooves inside the gold knob which allows for a tight press fit.

Below is a poor picture of the final setup. Using Penn Elcom 1/2" diameter silver/aluminum knobs, there is a reasonable amount of room between each knob for easy, free rotation.

09-03-13_1212.jpg

Schiit Yggdrasil/ZBIT / Zen Switch Box / CSP3 / Taboo III UFO/ Omega SAMs
  IP Logged
Lord Soth
Seasoned Member

I'm an American
BadAss!

Reply #6 - 09/18/13 at 09:30:32

[Wanted to post this Qn in the Forum for the benefit of others thinking of placing an order for a CSP3 too]

Dear Steve,

For new CSP2+/(I.e. CSP3) orders, will the beeswax caps be standard too just like the Torii Mk3/4?

In other words, do we have to select the Beeswax Caps option too on the CSP2+ order page?

I'm slightly anxious because my CSP3 order is going to be built soon, as per the amp waiting list.

You must be too busy to update the order page of the CSP2+/CSP3.

So I also hope that you will be able to quickly list out the other new options and (added) cost for the new CSP3 over here.

Thanks! Smiley

IP Logged
Rizlaw
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 09/18/13 at 13:13:11

LS,

Beeswax caps are an option, you must select and pay for them.

Schiit Yggdrasil/ZBIT / Zen Switch Box / CSP3 / Taboo III UFO/ Omega SAMs
  IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 09/18/13 at 21:02:43

I prefer the silver knobs overall to the gold.  Thanks for posting.

IP Logged
Lord Soth
Seasoned Member

I'm an American
BadAss!

Reply #9 - 09/24/13 at 18:00:04

FYI.

The CSP Order page has been updated to include all the CSP3 options (including Beeswax caps options).

The base price is now US$1,249 without any options added.

Whew....glad that I made it for the CSP3 at CSP2+ pricing. Smiley

IP Logged
thegrobe
Verified Member

Reply #10 - 09/25/13 at 06:31:26

Yup....no kidding, me too! Very glad I got in at the old price, I feel like I won a lottery or something, LOL.

I've had my CSP3 here for almost a week now and I am just immensely satisfied. A real beauty and the sound pairing with the Taboo 3 is wonderful. Even before being burned in.

Jriver MC > Audiophilleo 2+PurePower > Audio-GD SA-2 DAC > Decware Zen Triode CSP3 > Decware Zen Taboo mkIII > Norse Audio Skuld 8 > HD800 (also: DH Labs Silver Revelation / SoundSilver Interconnects...And a few fistfulls of tubes!)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print