05/05/24 at 18:57:49 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
World ass business (Read 9327 times)
Ricardojoa
Verified Member

World ass business
07/11/13 at 09:07:18

Aparently steve does check his emails, but as a boss of the business, he can definetly chose what to reply and what not.
I inquired the csp preamp and i only got a reply until a week later,after a post i posted here on the forum concerning the emails. Then i inquiried about getting the csp done with custome guage and after more then a 10 days with no reply. Obviously my request was too much of  trouble to deal with profit margin that low.  I can undertand as owner, he has the right to do whatever he wants, but if thats how you deal with your customers, i call it world ass business. I have shopped online many times, most of them are small items, but even then most of the american business have been given me great service even the order is small. Thats one of the reason i really like to deal with business online in the USA.
But steve you seeem to have a diffferent perspective. Thats a shame and a big disapoitment and let down to the American.

But i guess on the other side, is good for me not deal with such business, because most likely when a warranty issue arises, the probability of getting the service is very likely to deal myself.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: World ass business
Reply #1 - 07/11/13 at 11:29:29

Sorry you've had this experience. I agree that email communication with Decware, for whatever reason, could be improved.

I think the attitude you are hanging on Steve however is not one that he has. I have seen him go out of his way for other customers, and for myself. And I know that he is very supportive of his products in warranty and repair.

Sorry you have had this experience and I wish you well.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #2 - 07/11/13 at 13:35:03

Well If I'm speaking out of place here, I apologize up front.....

Steve gets an amount of emails each day (hundreds) that can not possibly be answered by any one human. I have seen the other side of his computer screen, and how he handles his incoming emails.

Getting customers amps built and shipped in a timely manner is of a first concern whilst keeping quality of build first rate. I can assure you, if an amp happens to come back with an issue, its usually in and out in a matter of a day or two. This may even be the first or highest priority!!

Finally, at this point in time...life has caught up with a few of the Decware crew.

Back on the 24th of March, I had a heart attack, which a few of the forum member are aware of. On May 10th, I had a C.A.B.G X4 of which I just passed the 8 week mark and am just starting back to work. I've contacted (I thought all) customers with speaker orders and most have been so supportive, telling me it's only a pair of speakers, and they will get them when they get them. To all of you, thank you from the bottom of my heart for understanding.

Dennis has had some health issues of his own, not able to build at the rate which he is used to. Steve/Devon are taking  up the slack.

To top all that off...Devon has taken Sarahs place doing her best, all while still doing what she usually does....

If any of you have called Decware in the past few years, you have more than likely spoken to Sarah. On June 21st Sarah had Sofia, the cutest baby girl I've ever seen. Here is the proud grandpa with his granddaughter.....

I'd cut them a little slack and try to let them enjoy life and their new bundle of joy.

Steve Devon, Sarah,  sorry if this isn't something you wanted posted on the forum, but I felt it necessary.......

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 07/11/13 at 14:40:46

Thanks for the post Bob!

Hope you are feeling better each day.

Now back to building speakers! Cheesy Cheesy Wink

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 07/11/13 at 16:43:57

Ricardojoa,

Sorry you have been upset by Decware email issues, and I get your frustration. But as Bob said, this is a more complex issue than it appears. I guess that if Steve were able to answer all the emails he gets, it might take most of his days. A quirk of a this very popular small business who in my experience, is very concerned about their customers...they just have difficulty with the vast number of emails that come their way.

This has been discussed on this forum before, and it is basically acknowledged that calling is the best way to get things done, especially when things are outside the box...and sometimes even this can take a little time.

I think this is a problem of popularity mixed with the complexity of making so many electronic audio pieces, cables and speakers. This differentiates Decware from most small internet businesses.

And Decware is so  popular for a reason...the amps and speakers are very good, and a very good value for the sound you get. Keeping the business lean enough for ultimate value to remain a priority, while keeping the Decware folks friendly and super knowledgeable...looks like a tightrope to me.

So I think there is a distinction between Decware and the big guys, and between Decware and the smaller internet sellers....better stuff with a great variety of relatively inexpensive choices can present some difficulties...

Like Lon, I also have had good turnaround with repairs and mods (much of which is burned by shipping time), and I have also had very good and very generous advice from Steve when needed.

It is a drag that email is not always a good way to communicate...but apparently this is just a hard thing for Steve to do in the midst of everything else, and in my experience does not reflect the care he and everyone else at Decware and Turning Point have for their customers.

Personally, I prefer he spend more of his time developing and building these amazing audio tools.

Bob,

Congrats on reaching your 8 weeks of recovery!

And to the Deckert clan. Happy days with your new sweet one!

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/ZR2/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845>Omega SAHOs/AudioSmile Tweeters,SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs and DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker>SR and aluminum w ball bearing + feet
  IP Logged
SteveC
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 07/12/13 at 01:03:25

Ricardojoa,
I realize with the tone I'm about to use, I likely won't earn your friendship. I am only a customer at Decware, and nothing I say reflects the attitudes of Decware. I don't represent them.

I am a loyal customer owning many of their products and as a member of this community I feel like part of this extended family.

Lon, Zygi, and Will have responded in a proper adult manner trying to explain the situation and help you.

I take this a little personally.  Like with my real family, my initial reaction to an insult is.... defensive.
"World ass business" is an insult.  You are unhappy and you are telling us why.  You are insulting.

With your conclusion:
"But i guess on the other side, is good for me not deal with such business, because most likely when a warranty issue arises, the probability of getting the service is very likely to deal myself"
You are prematurely judging a great company with outstanding products.  You are making a mistake.

I have also waited at times for emails so I can sympathize with you.
I have also had problems (one which was my fault) and DeVon and Zygi were very fast to ensure I was taken care of.
They helped me id the problem and sent me some parts and knowledge to help me get things fixed.  After that experience,
I never worried about buying Decware again.

I know you don't have this experience, but this is what this community is trying to tell you.
It saddens me that with one judgement, you will be missing out on the best equipment around.

My analogy for this is a Grandma's Soup business:
-Everyone knows Grandma's soup is the best soup in 1000 miles.
-Everyone happily waits in 100m lines every day to have Grandma's great soup.
-A new person shows up at the end of the line and yells to the front "Grandma! can I have Chicken soup?".
-No answer.
-Person concludes the soup must be horrible and states "Grandma's soup tastes like ass.". or "Grandma's customer service sucks ass".
-People in line say, "Mr. please give it a chance, you will not be disappointed”.

Of course we are strangers on an emotionless text communication.  In person, I'm sure you are a nice, interesting and fun person to drink a beer with and tell stories. But, in here I can only make assumptions or hope.

I hope that your interest in high quality audio implies you have some age and some life experience and wisdom that taught you that not all situations are simple.  That taught you to have patience when you do not want to.  That taught you that first impressions are often wrong.  That taught you that your own conclusions and thoughts (“too much of trouble to deal with profit margin that low”) rarely match reality (new grandchild).  And that taught you to appreciate quality audio which is why this is a great place to be.

Ricardojoa, I hope with all of this wisdom you don’t miss out of some very good soup.   Or you can declare “Ass!”.  Walk away with too much pride and never know what you missed.

Again this is just my opinion and reaction.  The community can delete this post if needed because it’s not professional.

IP Logged
Ricardojoa
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 07/12/13 at 09:50:21

Insult? Yeah sure, when people offend my intelectual and take my patience for granted, they sure get offended back just like a reflection from looking at mirror. Trust me, i dont insult people like that, let alone someond that i dont even know. I had great respect for steve and i was very interested in his products . What i felt was the whole communication, that my patience took for granted. Trust me, if steve wants to reply your email he could do it in less then 24 hours but if he choose to ignore( in my case) i could have waited as long as my patience could last.
Comming up with excuses that he have a bunch of emails to reply is really an insult to my intectual.
Dont worry guys, no matter how good decware product are, is all history to me. Signing out in the mean time.
Have a great day.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #7 - 07/12/13 at 13:10:08

Sorry you've had such an experience, even though I think there's a bit of misunderstanding on one or the other end here and a bit of an exagerration. Best of luck!

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 07/12/13 at 18:18:57

Hmmm. Not so much excuses for me...just attempts to understand, and to participate in what I perceive as reality. I did not mean to insult your intelligence Ricardojoa. Not everyone can or will fully embrace email in a way like you have come to expect. This is what it is. I hope you find some good stuff for your listening pleasure. Good Luck!

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/ZR2/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845>Omega SAHOs/AudioSmile Tweeters,SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs and DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker>SR and aluminum w ball bearing + feet
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #9 - 07/12/13 at 18:32:28

I have only been part of the Decware community for a short time, but I have to say that they are a first class outfit.  I have my first 2 Decware components in transit as we speak, and I couldn't we happier with my interaction with them thoughout the entire process.  

Steve spent quite a bit of time with me on the phone talking about upgrade options and what we be the right fit for my application.  

I think that Steve C has written a proper response.  Unfortunately you will always get someone who is not totally happy with a situation.  Its unfortunate because this individual is missing out.  

D

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #10 - 07/12/13 at 18:47:57

Exciting Dom. I look forward to your impressions of the new toys!

IP Logged
jsm71
Seasoned Member

Reply #11 - 07/12/13 at 19:06:06

The soup line analogy reminded me of the Seinfeld Soup Nazi episode.  The Soup Nazi knew he had great product but if you didn't follow proper protocols in ordering you were shown the door.  Having no charm with your customers makes for a funny idea for an episode!

I am currently waiting for my first Decware amp and have hooked up with Steve on the phone a couple of times, both times being a bit of a challenge to catch him at the right time.  I fully understand this and understand the company's staff structure.  I was glad when we did speak and each time he didn't hurry me off the line and we had great discussions.  I'm thrilled that despite the effort it takes to "hook up", Steve is in fact not the Amp Nazi.   Grin

Decware ZMA, Cary SLP-98P preamp, JansZen zA2.1 speakers with JansZen speaker cables, Marantz TT 15S1 turntable, Lyra Delos MC with Bobs Devices SUT, Marantz SA8004 SACD/CD player, Morrow level 4 ICs, Decware and Shunyata PCs.
  IP Logged
orangecrush
Seasoned Member

Reply #12 - 07/16/13 at 05:49:43

I also run a small boutique service business. I cater to a tiny niche market. Steve's stuff is great because he is a small boutique business. By nature that means he is going to cater to a small, specialized audience. His customers understand that and love that. That is why I choose Decware.

Ricardojoja, move on. You are not a fit for Decware. Accept it and kindly leave Steve and his appreciative customers alone. If you want to really understand boutique business and why they are so special, read the book: ReWork. If not, then move on and find a company that will do business your way and not the other way around.

IP Logged
maddog07
Seasoned Member

seeker of truth

Reply #13 - 07/27/13 at 00:25:27

Ricardojoa - unfortunately you have reached an inaccurate conclusion and unjustified opinion regarding the integrity of Decware, Steve and the other Decware staff.  I am not a forum lizzard and don't normally waste my time posting in these kinds of threads, but I just have to chime in here.  

I have only been dealing with Decware since about last Sept. in regards to 3 separate products and I have had nothing but World CLASS customer service and attention to everything "that mattered".  
Decware is a small and very personal operation.  They do NOT pay somebody to sit and sift through superfluous email all day long.  And if Steve did, nothing would ever get built and no new products or improvements to existing products would ever get designed.

I personally have had good and bad response to email from Decware.  But here's the gist.. if it's Important - pick up the damn phone and call !  If it's not important enough for a phone call, well then it's not important.  

If I feel I "need" a response to an email, and don't get one within whatever I consider to be a reasonable amount of time - I CALL.  And if I need to talk to Steve and he's not available, Sarah or Devon or whomever answers the phone, takes my info, and Steve calls me back - ALWAYS - without fail.  Usually the same day.  And once you get Steve on the phone - he will discuss with you whatever needs discussing, for AS LONG as it Takes.  At least this has been my experience.  This has been my own personal experience even BEFORE I purchased a Decware product.  And I simply haven't had an issue with any component I've purchased, but expect there to be NO issue with service either.  I do expect that customers who have already made a purchase and are waiting on their amp, etc. to be built, or a customer who has a component in for repair or update to get FIRST priority - and that's the way it should be.  Tire-kickers fall to the bottom of the queue.

You're doing yourself a disservice, and missing out on some of the best sounding and best backed(Lifetime warranty) products On The Planet.  

Decware Torii MK3, Wyred4Sound DAC2, Theta Digital Miles, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5, Aesthetix Calypso, Wyred STP-SE, Martin Logan Vista, Audio Nirvana 12" Alnico's, PS Audio PW P5, Goertz, Kimber, Nordost and DIY wires, PSA pwr cords, Cary SLI-80, DM945's.....
  IP Logged
Doorman
Seasoned Member

"pouring from
the empty into the
void"

Reply #14 - 07/27/13 at 05:05:38

Zigi: Thanks for sharing the above info. Hoping this finds you well---
Don

Decware, Rega, Heybrook/Linn/Ortofon
Goertz/Wireworld/cat-5/MarkAudio Alpair 10.2 drivers