05/05/24 at 16:19:46 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Torii Mk II (Read 2159 times)
KMokc
Seasoned Member

Torii Mk II
06/23/13 at 00:11:53

There is a Torii MK II listed on eBay, can someone tell me what the selling price was in 2009? They have it listed for 2295.00! Also is it possible to have it upgraded to a MK III.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin Huh

Sys 1:Rachel,Blumenstein Deluxe Orcas,Teac UD-501,Regen,MacBook Pro,Silnote RCA's,Rega RP6 GT Sub-plater,CW,Dynavector 20X2H,Nova II Sys2:Torii JR,CSP3&ZP3,Omega Super Alnico Monitors w/Skylan stands,Teac UD-501,Regen,Mac Mini,VPI Prime TT w/Ortofon Black,GH Cable
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Torii Mk II
Reply #1 - 06/23/13 at 00:35:55

I think that's not too far off the mark. . .. for a brand new one. Might have been 2000 dollars at the time. Can't remember precisely.

I don't believe that it can be upgraded to Mk III, because the chassis layout is different enough. I have both a Mk II and a Mk III. I love them both, they're both great amps. I'd say the Mk II is a more forgiving amp, in the way that the integrated is a bit more forgiving for example than one of the Super Zens (or at least let me say this: I think the Mk II has a bit more forgiving nature than the Mk III, not stellar recordings can sound  a bit nicer on the Mk II than on the Mk III).

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print