Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/04/24 at 10:10:09 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SE84C+, ZSTAGE, ZEN HEAD, TRAPS & More (PA/NJ) (Read 650 times)
übergeek
Verified Member

SE84C+, ZSTAGE, ZEN HEAD, TRAPS & More (PA/NJ)
06/17/13 at 16:13:56

I do not want to ship equipment. At least with this initial foray. Local pickup only, please. I live in the Lehigh Valley, PA (Bethlehem, specifically). I can also make arrangements for reasonable area around Bloomfield, NJ (where my SO lives). In a few weeks, with what's left over I will consider shipping. (I would just like to avoid having to find boxes, packing materials, driving over to shipping center, etc for now.)

Note: I will be able to email and make arrangements, but unavailable for meeting 6/21-7/1. I figured I would post this now to allow some time for people to see and consider what's here.

First of all: I love this Decware equipment, but it has gotten very light/little use. I never have time to sit down and listen. Also, I have taken up learning an instrument (keyboard/piano) and would like to put the proceeds from this sale toward getting a decent keyboard to learn with, rather than the little MIDI one I have been using. Some day I will have time and space to set up a nice listening room again, and will gladly get an all-Decware setup again!

However, and without further ado, here is the Decware equipment I am looking to sell:
  • SE84C+ (white) with tubes $600 OBO
  • ZSTAGE (black) with tube $350 OBO
  • ZENHEAD (black) will throw in rechargeable 9V batteries & charger $250 OBO
  • TRAPS (Walnut, one of the very first pair made/sold) $500 OBO

Non-Decware equipment:
  • Ortofon EQ5 IEM (used 1-2x, had grand idea I needed high-end IEMs at the time) $150 OBO (includes original box, etc)
  • HiFiMan HM-602 Portable Player (found just using iPhone simpler for me, though the 602 sounded great with the ZENHEAD, I must say, even as a DAC only) $200 OBO (includes original box, etc)
  • HRT Music Streamer II (red) $100 OBO
  • Grado Headphone Amp RA1 $200 OBO
  • Monarchy Audio DIP Upsampler $125 OBO
  • iPod Classic 160GB (silver, has orig box) $100 OBO
  • Magnepan MMG (black, have orig box) $300 OBO

Terms: As is, where is. (meaning, you make arrangement to pick up). For payment I would prefer cash or PayPal, we can work out the details.

IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Re: SE84C+, ZSTAGE, ZEN HEAD, TRAPS & More (PA/NJ)
Reply #1 - 06/18/13 at 05:10:23

Übergeek,

Can you tell me a bit more about your SE84C+ ?  Are you the original owner and what year was it built??  Also, are the output transformers for the 2-6 ohms, or the 6-16 ohms speakers?  

I live in NJ and am about 20 minutes away from Bloomfield.  Please email me at dmunofo@optonline.net so we can talk further.

Thanks,

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
übergeek
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 06/18/13 at 13:33:44

I am the original owner of all of the equipment listed, including the SE84C+. It was built in July, 2011. S/N 1070. (PICTURE OF BOTTOM PLATE OF SE84C+)

With regard to the output transformer, I am pretty sure it is for the 6-16ohm speakers. I have looked through my email archive but I do not see anything on the invoices and follow-ups specifically stating which. I had not given it a second thought since then until your question. I have used this with the Trapezium speakers, if that is any indication (although not particularly loud, the Trapeziums are only 89dB, but late at night when world was quiet, it was magic; my first tube experience).

I am not sure how to tell by looking at the amp itself...

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 06/19/13 at 02:05:45

The 6-16 ohm transformer is an option; in other words you would have had to order it special, as the default is the regular 2-6 ohm transformer.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 06/19/13 at 02:10:47

The 6-16 ohm transformer is an option; in other words you would have had to order it special, as the default is the regular 2-6 ohm transformer.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
übergeek
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 06/19/13 at 02:42:50

I don't recall any special order. And if the 6-16 cost extra, then I did not get it. The original invoice doesn't indicate anything "extra"...

Sorry for my ignorance on this matter, I just have given it zero thought since I'd ordered it.

Is there any way to tell by looking at the amp? Or perhaps calling and asking if they have a record for a particular serial number?

IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #6 - 06/19/13 at 05:29:32

Über geek....I sent you a Personal msg.

Rivieraranch....thank you for your clarification.   I also sent you a PM.

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Bottlehead
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 06/19/13 at 20:57:37

ubergeek,

I'm interested in your zstage, if you get to the point where you are willing to ship (to the Seattle area). I have a PayPal account, and I will meet your price, and pay for shipping.

TubeNube

IP Logged
mikek200
Verified Member

Reply #8 - 07/05/13 at 06:26:40

pm sent

IP Logged
mikek200
Verified Member

Reply #9 - 07/05/13 at 22:39:26

Uber
Can you tell me ,if the Zstage is sold???
PM-Sent

IP Logged
mikek200
Verified Member

Reply #10 - 07/12/13 at 19:13:27

PK,
I do not own the zstage--I  was trying to buy one from Ubergeek
As of now,Ubergeek has not responded to my PM's ,or this post--so-we are both out of luck.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print