Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/05/24 at 20:41:18 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A interesting view on vinyl (Read 2942 times)
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

A interesting view on vinyl
05/13/13 at 23:13:57

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Re: A interesting view on vinyl
Reply #1 - 05/14/13 at 12:27:42

Hey Donnie...that video clip gave me the chills.  It was not until the end that it really hit home....when he pulled up the Kiss album.  I am still a huge fan and I can remember when I bought my first album Detroit Rock City.

Then I started to think about my album collection....like when I got my first John Cougar's "American Fool" album.  I still recall that it was a given to me by my cousin's first High School boyfriend Tommy.  He was such a cool guy.  That was over 30 years ago.  He has now past away....but that album not only brings me back to a point in time, but makes me remember how the gift of music can touch the soul.  Hence....I guess that is why it took me over a week to pick my avatar......how ironic that the album spinning is what I choose.....now that is scary!!

+1 for that video clip !!  

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: A interesting view on vinyl
Reply #2 - 05/14/13 at 14:37:40

For me it was the Miles Davis music both playing and when he was holding "Live/Evil"--I bought that two lp set when it was first released at the beginning of the 'seventies, and I have both cd and SACD copies, but I still have, and play, the two lp set. Amazing music that is part of my adult life.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print