Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/05/24 at 10:31:39 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Input on Pure Music for ITunes/Mac (Read 3903 times)
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Input on Pure Music for ITunes/Mac
04/29/13 at 15:53:51

I was wondering if anyone here is using Pure Music for iTunes on a Mac and how they like it?  

I recently read a 6moons.com review (though its a bit old) that initially caught my interest....

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/puremusic2/1.html

I then went to their website and took a closer look.  Needless to say I was impressed.  I like the higher sample rate, DSD streaming and playback, as well as FLAC playback and conversion.  

Seems like a quality product....I am just curious if the program is a bit buggy.  I am running iTunes on a iMac with Snow Leopard.

I currently have about 3TB of various music on a separate hard drive (lot of live concert stuff as well as redbook) hence the reason for looking into the Pure Music.  

Any input on this product would be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks in advance.

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Re: Input on Pure Music for ITunes/Mac
Reply #1 - 04/29/13 at 17:21:52

Dom, I have used PM, and don't find it buggy. My player of choice on my Mac mini is Audirvana+, but there are a lot of Mac folks who prefer PM.

1: PS Audio DirectStream | BHK Preamp & Monoblocks | Legacy Audio Aeris
2: MSB Select II | Custom T2 & Mjolnir Carbon CC | Stax SR-009 & 007
3: Lumin A1 | HeadAmp GS-X mk2 |Meze Empyrean & HEDDphone
4. Schiit Vidar | RAAL Requisite SR1a
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 04/29/13 at 17:51:03

I use Pure Music and after learning to tweak it, prefer it over Audirvana. I worked on tuning it because I need the built in EQ to fine-tune my system/room. I liked Audirvana right off, but finally found it have just a little too much programmed affect. I did not spend loads of time exploring its settings to my tastes though.

My present settings in PM have a lot of what I like about Audirvana, but with slightly more transparency by my ears.

I have had no bugs to speak of but I am still running Snow Leopard. I have to reset the handshaking now and then, and on very rare occasion restart the program, but it seems fine.

The cool thing is that you don't have to commit...you can try both and compare.

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV>Omega S-A-H-O monitors/SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
AiDee
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 04/30/13 at 01:08:00

+1. I haven't adequately tested PM, but significantly prefer audirvana+ (latest version) over Fidelia and Bitperfect. Seemed to remove quite a lot of low-level hash.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print