Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 18:00:55 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Just Ordered my ZP3.0! (Read 6975 times)
Jhors2
Verified Member

Just Ordered my ZP3.0!
04/12/13 at 17:57:51

Hello All,
I just ordered my ZP3.0, my first Decware product.  I am also going to be purchasing a new turntable and cartridge to go along with the setup and wanted some input.  Right now for a turntable I am between:
VPI Classic 1 or 2
VPI Traveler
Clearaudio Performance
Clearaudio Concept
For Cartridge:
Dynavector Karat 7D3
Dynavector 10x5
Clearaudio Ebony Maestro MM

This is actually my first turntable setup, my main focus is on soundstage and accuracy, I want to try to get it right on the first go around, but this hobby makes it difficult Wink

Any help is appreciated!

PrimaLuna Premium Integrated | Definitive Technology Mythos ST Supertower | Oppo BDP-105 | Zu Mission Throughout (IC, Mains, Etc) | Blue Circle PLC FX2 | Decware ZP3 (On Order)
  IP Logged
ncblue

Re: Just Ordered my ZP3.0!
Reply #1 - 04/14/13 at 00:55:52

Nice! I've been thinking of ordering the ZP3 as well. How long was the estimated wait? I would add the Rega RP8 and Well Tempered Amadeus to your audition list too.
Welcome to the Decware family!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #2 - 04/14/13 at 01:42:32

Congrats! I have two Rega RP3s, one for each system, and love the sound they make with a ZP3. Especially as that one has the "white belt" and the TT-PSU.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
ncblue

Reply #3 - 04/16/13 at 13:06:07

You inspired me. Ordered my ZP3 this morning too!

IP Logged
Jhors2
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 04/17/13 at 15:17:44

Thanks for the input ncblue.  I am pretty sure I decided on the VPI Classic as I like its very "honest" sound.  Still haven't decided if the on the fly VTA adjustment is worth the extra 700 or not.  Congrats!  Glad to see someone else jumping onboard Smiley

PrimaLuna Premium Integrated | Definitive Technology Mythos ST Supertower | Oppo BDP-105 | Zu Mission Throughout (IC, Mains, Etc) | Blue Circle PLC FX2 | Decware ZP3 (On Order)
  IP Logged
ncblue

Reply #5 - 04/17/13 at 19:05:18

Niçe, the VPI Classic is a great table. I would put the $700 into a better cartridge. And leave the VTA adjustment to setup. You can drive yourself crazy wondering if its "perfect" for each record.
Looks like its gonna be a fun, vinyl spinning summer! Cool

IP Logged
Syd
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 04/17/13 at 20:07:32

After having had a look at the vpi classic and thinking wow thats a beauty I didn`t want to say you should up the ante on the cart but ncblue did it for me. vert tracking adjustment is for different thicknesses of vinyl. If I pop a 180 gm lp on the deck I know I need a half turn on the allen key which is kept handy.
I`m scanning the reviews for a new cart myself, which will be a decent upgrade on my dynav mc20. The ZP3 is worth the investment.
I have a shortlist of two.
Musicmaker classic.
London Decca Jubilee

Oh yes the ZP3 . First time I`ve had sound pressures in the room.

Maybe we should have a cartridge thread. So many makers with different models. V de Hull, Clearaudio, Zyx, the Koetsu black is competitively priced, a huge range of Ortophons, Grados........If I could afford two or three   Undecided

Decware: Rachaels x 2 bridged, C. SP2+, ZP3, ZMC1, DHC-1 pw/cbl`s Michell Orbe + SME V + M.Benz LP s, Arcam CD33, Nakamichi LX5, Lowther acoustas DX2`s, WE 16g sp/cbl`s, Isotek mains substation, M & K subwoofer, Belden 8402 interconnects.
  IP Logged
Jhors2
Verified Member

Reply #7 - 04/18/13 at 18:36:20

This is great advise, I didn't necessarily think about adjusting the table depending on the Vinyl then just letting it spin.  Those two carts are good options, I am looking at SoundSmith too as I heard it pairs well with the VPI.

IP Logged
ncblue

Reply #8 - 08/12/13 at 00:25:07

Well my ZP3 and step up will be here next week. I ended up getting a used one from Art on the forum. Thanks Art!
There will be a mini shoot out between my Naim Nait 2/Bob's Devices 3440 step up and my Decware SE34i/Decware ZP3 MC1 step up. I am currently getting fantastic sound fom the little Nait and I do expect the Decware combo will be even better. I see 2 systems starting to form, but its a lot of fun at the moment!
I might also be tempted to send in the Decware stuff for new Jupiter beeswax caps. Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print