Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 10:25:42 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New. Se341.2 and klipsch heresy 3 (Read 471 times)
Alainjoel
Verified Member

New. Se341.2 and klipsch heresy 3
03/13/13 at 02:40:07

Will  I get the performance with the speakers that I just purchased for the Zen integrated 6 watt per channel amp? I just got these speakers and hope to recieve the zen in a few week. Klispch 3 speakers.

IP Logged
grinnell
Seasoned Member

Re: New. Se341.2 and klipsch heresy 3
Reply #1 - 03/13/13 at 15:49:23

I can't speak for this particular combo but i have a 10wpc el84 amp on my Klipsch Quartets which are similar and it works very well.

Looking to get my mini torii hooked up to the quartets i expect it to really rock

Mini Torii w/ 1940's Brimar 6v6g st
Ref 3A de Capos
VPI HW-19 mk iv
Chromecast Audio Streamer
MHDT Stockholm v2 DAC
Emotive ERC-4 CDP
  IP Logged
Rizlaw
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 03/14/13 at 21:05:03

Alainjoel,

Welcome to the forums.

I don't have the Klipsch Heresy III (99db sensitivity), but I do have Omega Super 3Es which are (94db) with the SE34I.35.

I also listen desktop nearfield (3ft). I found that the SE34I.3 has plenty of muscle even when I move back to 6 feet (for testing which I won't get into here). I, too, was concerned whether they would have enough power with my speakers. All my doubts disappeared almost immediately after I turned the Rachael on and listened for the first time. I mostly listen to movie scores, classical and pop/jazz vocals. I rarely have a need to go above 10 clicks on my dual stepped volume controls (half way). The meters never budged and stayed at about 38/39 even on loud movie soundtracks.

Unless you are listening at more than 8 feet and like your music loud, or perfer the type of music that most like to play loud, I'd say the Rachael will do just fine. I think you're going to be very impressed. I was.

Schiit Yggdrasil/ZBIT / Zen Switch Box / CSP3 / Taboo III UFO/ Omega SAMs
  IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 03/15/13 at 19:53:39

You will have plenty of volume.  

I have a new SE34.  I don't have Klipsch 3 speakers, but have 89db horns and 94db bookshelfs and both of them are loud enough.  I hear more dynamics in the 94db speakers though.

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print