Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/04/24 at 15:06:29 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Vinyl-Coltrane, The Heavyweight Champion, unplayed (Read 10211 times)
tgarden
Seasoned Member

Vinyl-Coltrane, The Heavyweight Champion, unplayed
03/12/13 at 17:08:35

Ok,  I'm selling my unplayed John Coltrane, The Heavyweight Champion; Rhino/Atlantic box set.  12 LPs of John Coltrane's complete Atlantic recordings, with a very nice 44 page booklet, all in one box.

This is the second pressing which is 180 gram vinyl, and skillfully mastered by Kevin Grey, in Stereo.  (The first pressing in 1995 was 150 gram vinyl).  Both pressings were limited to runs of 3000 boxes.  

The original covers of the jackets are nicely reproduced, and the sonics are considered to be superb.  I have opened the outer plastic wrapper to take a look at a couple of the jackets, but have never even slid the vinyl out of the jackets.  Unplayed, pristine vinyl. The box is in mint condition and has most of the clear plastic covering around it.

Price for this very hard to find box is only $120 ($10 per LP) plus Media Mail shipping. I will purchase a oversize shipping carton to safely mail it,  so figure $6.00 for Media Mail shipping with tracking.

Payment by Paypal, please.

Thanks for looking!
Mike in Seattle area

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Vinyl-Coltrane, The Heavyweight Champion, unplayed
Reply #1 - 03/12/13 at 17:32:52

Mike, I'll send you a PM and if I still have your email address an email. I'm interested. Thanks.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
tgarden
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 03/12/13 at 18:16:11

Lon, I received your email.  I will get back to you in a few hours, late for acupuncture appt.

Mike

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 03/12/13 at 18:43:58

Thanks Mike.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
tgarden
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 03/12/13 at 21:40:50

Hello Lon,  I'm back, and just sent you an email.

Mike

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #5 - 03/12/13 at 22:14:18

Cool. Haven't received it yet, but I'll keep checking.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #6 - 03/13/13 at 00:04:27

Still no email.  :o

IP Logged
tgarden
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 03/13/13 at 01:08:38

No luck on the email?  What a drag.

Anyway, a long PM was just sent.  Fingers crossed.

Mike

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #8 - 03/13/13 at 01:46:44

Mike, got  your PM and  your second email. Thanks!

IP Logged
tgarden
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 03/13/13 at 04:15:56

Sold to Lon.

Thanks!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #10 - 03/20/13 at 02:32:21

Mike, received today, "Coltrane's Sound" is spinning right now. Wonderful set at a wonderful price. THANKS!

IP Logged
tgarden
Seasoned Member

Reply #11 - 03/20/13 at 21:59:40

Lon,  I'm glad you like the box set.  Lot's of great music in that one.

Happy first day of Spring!
Mike

IP Logged
DirtDawg
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 03/25/13 at 08:15:45

Awesome!!

A little jealous here!

Way to go Lon.  I did not know, however, that you were into vinyl these days.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #13 - 03/25/13 at 12:10:50

You've been away a little bit. Smiley In the middle of last year I picked up a Rega RP3 with an Elys2 cartridge and TT-PSU, then this year I picked up another, with an Exact2 cartridge and white belt, so I have one in each system. First I had two PS Audio GCPH, now I have one and a ZP3.

I started listening to a friend's Rega and realized I had been trying to make digital sound like analog as much as possible for two decades. I still had three quarters of all my records, and the early jazz records I really want are cheap to buy, so I started in this direction.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print