Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/05/24 at 19:07:33 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What would you look for? (Read 11283 times)
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

What would you look for?
01/13/13 at 00:57:55

For the sake of argument, if a new Torii was being designed, what new features would you want?
More power? Meters? Better ergos? A cool red base?
I'm just interested in what other users wish list would be.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Re: What would you look for?
Reply #1 - 01/13/13 at 02:14:10

I don't see how you could fit 4 meters on this thing.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #2 - 01/13/13 at 03:44:04

I'm getting ready to change all of the hardware on mine. I going to put acorn nuts where there are just hex nuts right now. Just to put a finished look to it.
I'd like to figure out a way to make the on/off switches a little longer, just for ease of use. Also my volume knob needs something. At the 'fest I always see a amp with a skull with ruby eyes for the volume knob.... I'm thinking maybe a flying monkey or something like that.
It looks like I'm good with the sound, I just want to tart her up a little more.

IP Logged
Lord Soth
Seasoned Member

I'm an American
BadAss!

Reply #3 - 01/13/13 at 10:25:36

New features ?

Hmmmmm......

Better sound? Wink

IP Logged
ski bum
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 01/13/13 at 17:08:45

Power and inputs on rear, rather than top of chassis.  Ditto for Rachel, MT, and ZSM.  It just seems strange having the wires pointing up into the air where SWMBO is sure to notice.

IP Logged
Mark
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 01/13/13 at 19:19:56

Feathers... Definitely feathers...

If a rabbit defined intelligence the way man does, then the most intelligent animal would be a rabbit, followed by the animal most willing to obey the commands of a rabbit. -Robert Brault, writer (b. 1938)
  IP Logged
EdGuY
Seasoned Member

Fact is just a solid
opinion.

Reply #6 - 01/15/13 at 10:04:53

Not much but still something...

- Golden rings around the tubes for more bling-bling... like sample added..

- better quality attenuators as to chose
- more space between rca-connections, If you want to use "better" quality cables (with bigger head) you can't use them with decware amps (RCA's to near to each other).
- one mono OUT automatically on every amp for SUBWOOFER output.

fota.jpg

Tannoy Prestige Canterbury GR,ST-300mg,IsoTek Aquarius EVO3,YARBO power.c,RGC-24,TORII MK3VCaps+silver wires+carbon resitors,CSP2+,DENON DP-A100+Karat17D3,GRADO PH-1,AURALiC Aries,GUSTARD X20-PRO ES9028PRO DAC,WA-Quantum chips,tubes WE 422A,GEC KT66,6N23P,USAF-596
  IP Logged
Fireblade
Seasoned Member

Knowledge comes, but
wisdom lingers.
A.L.Tennyson

Reply #7 - 01/15/13 at 11:46:17

I'd rather prefer a stripped down version of the Torii, ala Dynaco ST-70, but with the Torii's sound.  Less cosmetics, more substance, lower cost.  A Torii for the masses!

Toshiba-Foobar2K-ASIO Direct-WD 2.0Tb HDD-Schiit USB cable-Schiit Yggdrasil DAC-Decware Silver Ref IC's-Decware Mini Torii SE-8PR Kimber Kable spkr cbls-Decware DM945's-Tekton Lore 2-Velodyne DLS 3500 SUB-BJC SUB Cbls-Tripp Lite 500 Isolation Trnsf-Jellyfish S
  IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 01/20/13 at 02:56:32

I know the "sound" is most important, but I wouldn't mind seeing some improvement put into the looks of the chassis as well and then have an overall theme to the entire lineup.

Nothing too bling-bling, but I'm a sucker for the looks of the McIntosh MC275 Amplifier.  It is my all time favorite looking amp ... almost like a piece of science equipment you would see in Dr. Frankenstein's Lab   Smiley

If they wanted to stick with the wooden chassis, then some mid century modern design elements would also be cool ... with like a molded/layered birch chasis (exposed edges) and then walnut (or other wood choice veneers) would also be very cool.  I think Gradient Labs (out of Findland) does this with a very classy effect on their newer speaker line.

I would look to the Eames Lounge Chair, Cherner Chairs and other Mid Century Modern Designers for inspiration.

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #9 - 01/20/13 at 03:17:55

I really like the look of this table.
http://goebelfurniture.com/furniture/tables/remy-table/spalted-maple-limited-pro...
Give me something like this with tubes sticking out of it!

IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #10 - 01/20/13 at 03:42:33

I've been wondering how it might look for an amplifier to have the peg style legs under it (albiet not that long of course), but some mini peg legs decoupled from the amp with some rubber bushings or something to that effect).

It would look cool and maybe provide some anti-vibrational elements to it as well.

Anyways, that furniture is beautiful no doubt, I really dig that Hamlet Cabinet as well!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print