Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 13:17:12 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Zen Torii MK3 pairs well with DALI speakers? (Read 5044 times)
stephenguo
Verified Member

Zen Torii MK3 pairs well with DALI speakers?
01/09/13 at 12:18:28

Hey guys,

I have just bought a pair of DALI Helicon 300 MKII, and looking for a tube amp to go with it. The Zen Torii MK3 looks amazing, but I wonder how good it would pair with my speakers. I listen to mostly vocal music and would welcome a nice smooth midrange with warmth.

Any kind of feedback would be awesome.

PS. Also planning to buy a pair of DALI mentor menuet, which wonders if they would pair well with the torii as well.  ;D

IP Logged
ski bum
Seasoned Member

Re: Zen Torii MK3 pairs well with DALI speakers?
Reply #1 - 01/09/13 at 17:58:35

Those are rated a seemingly honest 86 db/w/m.  Depending on your room size and desired spl, you could take a Torii to it's limits easily enough.  Small room, near-field-ish, you're probably ok.  

IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 01/09/13 at 22:56:43

The Zen Torii Mono's might be a better match as your speakers are not very efficient and may take a lot more wattage.

Nothing written in stone (and depending on your room size, how loud you want to play your music, etc.), but I would suggest that most low wattage tube amps should be paired with very efficient speakers in the 93dB range or above if possible.

I would call Steve and ask him for his advice ... at least you have a 30 day gaurantee if it does not work out for you.

IP Logged
opnly_bafld
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 01/09/13 at 23:18:10

Sensitivity (2,83 V/1 m) [dB]      86,0
+  Nominal Impedance [Ω]      4

= 83dB 1w/1m

Recommended Amplifier Power [W]      50 - 200

Small room + near-field  = maybe

IP Logged
tom collins

Reply #4 - 01/10/13 at 20:54:18

i am using a torii 3 with dali helicon 800s.  these are rated at 89.5, so much more efficient.  i would not use this amp with speakers any less efficient than mine.  i can get satisfying volume, but not really high without losing headroom.  the recent addition of a subwoofer has improved things greatly as i do not now need to play as loud to get satisfying bass.  the dali midrange and tweeter system is to die for with this amp however.
good luck.  

IP Logged
opnly_bafld
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 01/10/13 at 22:36:32

To get to the same levels the OP would need a 50/60 watt amp.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print