Send Topic Print
How to attach photos (Read 4695 times)
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

How to attach photos
12/15/12 at 21:14:01

The question of how to attach photos comes up fairly often. So I thought that I would take a little time to explain how I do it.
There are several ways to do it.
1: If your picture is small (less than 350 KB) you can hit the browse button on the bottom of the topic screen and import it in from your computer. I haven't had good luck with this method, most pictures are much larger files and it bombs out.

2: You can attach your photo from some type of hosting site.  It really isn't too difficult to do. If you have something to share with everyone you can host it free at any number of sites like Flickr, Photo Bucket or even your Facebook account.
Once you have your picture up at a hosting site you will need to copy the URL of the photo (Example:http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51abry2BoEL._SL500_AA300_.jpg) I usually get the URL by right clicking on the photo and going to properties, I then highlight the code and click copy.
Now to attach the URL of the photo to your urbane, pithy comments:
Look right below the subject line the post that you are attaching the photo to. There are a bunch of small boxes with pictograms in them, you want to press the 3rd one from the left, it kind of looks like a real small picture of a sunrise?? When you hover your cursor over it, it reads "Insert Image". Press it, some code will come up,(I can't copy the code here because it wants a URL and bombs out ) 
Carefully place your cursor between the ] and [ ,in the middle of the code string, then hit paste.
It should look like this ]http.somethingdonniemadeup[ but of course with your proper URL betwixt the brackets. Make sure you are between the brackets, if not it won't work (It took me hours to figure that one out).
Now when you hit the preview button your photo should appear in it's full glory right before your eyes.
I really hope that this helps. Speaking of help, there is a help button on the home page of the forum that spells a lot of this out.
If you have a better way do doing this, please comment, I'm by no way a computer guy, I just have to use one quite a bit for work.
Donnie

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
JohnWatson

Re: How to attach photos
Reply #1 - 12/15/12 at 23:31:08

Kermit! Don't you think you may be setting a bad example for Elmo with that beer in your hand?

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Re: How to attach photos
Reply #2 - 12/16/12 at 02:32:35

The picture is a bad photoshop job with my face on whatever it is! One of my employees did it and then posted it as my ID photo on our employer's security system. I'm pretty sure it was up there for several weeks.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print