Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 09:24:56 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Re: Mini Torii + Audio Nirvana Super 10 is it enough? (Read 4393 times)
Fireblade
Seasoned Member

Knowledge comes, but
wisdom lingers.
A.L.Tennyson

Re: Mini Torii + Audio Nirvana Super 10 is it enough?
10/23/12 at 13:10:52

Hi Clos:

The best answer to your question must come from Steve.  Nevertheless, I listen to my Mini-Torii at about 10 feet from my 94 Dbs, 4 Ohm speakers, and there's plenty of SPL (sound pressure level - volume).  Of course, 8 Ohms means less power, although I'm not convinced it goes as low as 1.7 WPC (it may be more like 2 WPC ).  

The big advantage of the Audio Nirvanas is their significantly higher sensitivity at 8 Ohms, so I suspect the overall end result would be equivalent to my case. The Mini-Torii is a great little amp, with plenty of pep.  

I urge you to consult the issue with Steve, to be on the safe side.    Good luck!

Toshiba-Foobar2K-ASIO Direct-WD 2.0Tb HDD-Schiit USB cable-Schiit Yggdrasil DAC-Decware Silver Ref IC's-Decware Mini Torii SE-8PR Kimber Kable spkr cbls-Decware DM945's-Tekton Lore 2-Velodyne DLS 3500 SUB-BJC SUB Cbls-Tripp Lite 500 Isolation Trnsf-Jellyfish S
  IP Logged
Clos1981
Ex Member

Reply #1 - 10/23/12 at 16:06:26

Thanks for the input Fireblade.  Hopefully Steve D. will get back to me on this.

Im really dont want to get an amp that wont drive the speakers to a good spl level.  Its not that I like to blast music at high levels but I do like to crank up the volume from time to time.

Im on a tight budget so taking the jump from the Mini Torii to the Torii will mean I'll have to put off other system component purchases for a while and I really would like to start enjoying my new sistem asap.

IP Logged
Les Lammers
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 10/23/12 at 17:12:07

I'm driving Heresy III's 99db with a complex xover...no issues.

See this thread:

https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1338304901

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print