05/05/24 at 10:35:35 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Advent loudspeakers (Read 4767 times)
DanFromMichigan
Verified Member

Advent loudspeakers
10/17/12 at 21:03:12

How well will original Advent loudspeakers work w/a Torii 3?  Or even the Zen Triode?

IP Logged
sberger
Seasoned Member

Re: Advent loudspeakers
Reply #1 - 10/17/12 at 22:13:07

Don't know what the efficiency is on the Advents but assume you need a good 92db or better for best use with the Torii. Probably a bit more with the lower watt choices. Of course a lot depends on your room size and how loud you listen.

IP Logged
Mark
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 10/22/12 at 15:41:01

Hello: I sold the original Advent large speakers back then... Along with their KLH and AR predecessors...  They are an acoustical suspension speaker, and not particularly efficient... Don't recall the efficiency, but they're probably on the outside of what you need for the Zen Triode... The Torii I'm not all that familar with... How many WPC does it have?... (m.)

If a rabbit defined intelligence the way man does, then the most intelligent animal would be a rabbit, followed by the animal most willing to obey the commands of a rabbit. -Robert Brault, writer (b. 1938)
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 10/22/12 at 16:08:46

Mark, the Torii Mk III has 25 watts per channel, and it delivers a ton of current. Probably the best choice outside of the new Zen Monos, and considerably cheaper than the Monos.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
EdGuY
Seasoned Member

Fact is just a solid
opinion.

Reply #4 - 11/24/12 at 08:24:22

About Advent Large Loudspeakers:
WPC is 89db
amplifier suggestion is 20-120w rms/channel

No problems with Torii. OK I have to admit that I changed all crossover components (Oak boxes, VCaps, silver wires, premium foil coils). I love my Advent speakers! Warmest speakers you can find

Tannoy Prestige Canterbury GR,ST-300mg,IsoTek Aquarius EVO3,YARBO power.c,RGC-24,TORII MK3VCaps+silver wires+carbon resitors,CSP2+,DENON DP-A100+Karat17D3,GRADO PH-1,AURALiC Aries,GUSTARD X20-PRO ES9028PRO DAC,WA-Quantum chips,tubes WE 422A,GEC KT66,6N23P,USAF-596
  IP Logged
EdGuY
Seasoned Member

Fact is just a solid
opinion.

Reply #5 - 11/24/12 at 08:27:46

Tannoy Prestige Canterbury GR,ST-300mg,IsoTek Aquarius EVO3,YARBO power.c,RGC-24,TORII MK3VCaps+silver wires+carbon resitors,CSP2+,DENON DP-A100+Karat17D3,GRADO PH-1,AURALiC Aries,GUSTARD X20-PRO ES9028PRO DAC,WA-Quantum chips,tubes WE 422A,GEC KT66,6N23P,USAF-596
  IP Logged
Robbls
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 12/05/12 at 08:51:10

A 747 was halfway across the Atlantic when the captain got on the loud speaker,

"Attention, passengers. We have lost one of our engines, but we can certainly

reach London with the three we have left. Unfortunately, we will arrive an hour

late as a r esult." Cheap Runescape Gold

Shortly thereafter, the passengers heard the captain's voice again, "Guess what,

folks. We just lost our third engine, but please be assured we can fly with only

one. We will now arrive in London three hours late."

MapleStory Mesos

At this point, one passenger became furious. "For Pete's sake," he shouted, "If we

lose another engine, we'll be up here all night!"

D3 Gold

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print