Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/05/24 at 12:40:23 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What was spinning at Zenfest 2012? (Read 3709 times)
SteveC
Seasoned Member

What was spinning at Zenfest 2012?
10/15/12 at 23:57:16

Hey guys,

Those of you who brought music to zenfest, would you mind listing what you played?

Mark had some awesome drum demo.

John had some funky music from the 70's that sounded decades before it's time.

Another played some great sounding female vocalist who became famous, posthumously.

and (I forgot your name.. Tom maybe) the guy in the red jacket on sunday, listening to the DNA's had a great mix/sample cd too.

Thanks
Appreciate any lists actually.

IP Logged
opnly_bafld
Ex Member

Re: What was spinning at Zenfest 2012?
Reply #1 - 10/16/12 at 00:52:20

These are guesses.

Mark had some awesome drum demo.

Might have been "Dynamic Drums" by Damien Kaplan off of a Legacy Audio sampler.

Another played some great sounding female vocalist who became famous, posthumously.

Eva Cassidy? http://evacassidy.org/eva/

Lin

IP Logged
Chris K
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 10/16/12 at 03:00:37

I wanted to know the direct to disc LP That John V. had spinning on the TT. It was a jazz record.

Resistance is futile.
  IP Logged
jpv
Seasoned Member

Cause inside
everyone is a heavy
metal kid

Reply #3 - 10/18/12 at 03:44:00

I brought 1 CD from the artist Lee "scratch" Perry. It is on the ON-U sound label. I like this label. I haven't found much I don't like from them.  http://www.on-usound.com

For vinyl I brought a few record:
1. "Dafos" on Referance recordings  RR-12
2. "For Duke" on M&k Realtime records RT-101. Chris this it the one you are asking about. According to Steve D it was the best sound of the show.
We also played ELP's Tank and Lucky Man, "Breakfast at Tiffany's" sound track, I also played Elvis Costello "Armed Forces" and left it there by mistake. I guess I will just have to go next year to get it back. Smiley

VPI Scoutmaster, Grado Master3, Odyssey Candela Preamp and Suspiro phono preamp Counterpoint NP100 amp (modded by Altavista Audio), Goldenear Triton One speakers, CD240 CDP, Lots of room treatment. Anti-cable sp cables and IC, Decware IC, ZKit 1, ZDAC.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print