Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 18:56:50 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Upgraded my source with Audiophilleo + PurePower (Read 7590 times)
orangecrush
Seasoned Member

Upgraded my source with Audiophilleo + PurePower
10/04/12 at 03:21:39

I love this reference from the Torii owners manual:

"You can't spend enough money on a source to hear how good the amplifier actually is, so each time you upgrade your source the amp will blow your mind all over again."

This is 100 percent true!

I upgraded my source with the Audiophilleo 2 + PurePower. I am feeding it with a SBT + EDO into an Anedio D2 Dac which is feeding my beloved Decware Torii MKIII and Zu Soul Superfly's.

There is an excellant Audiophilleo thread on HeadFi where I posted my briefimpressions: http://www.head-fi.org/t/551716/audiophilleo-1-and-2-usb-to-s-pdif-transport/915...

I thought my system was already engaging, but now it is simply sublime. Feeding the Torii the best source you can results in huge gains.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Upgraded my source with Audiophilleo + PurePower
Reply #1 - 10/04/12 at 03:51:42

I'm in absolute agreement. When I got my Torii my speakers were taken to a new level, and I found myself realizing that my biggest path to improved sound was the best possible source I could afford. I did try a few sources and am very happy with my current ones and how the Torii makes them shine. There's a lot of truth to "the last amp you'll need to buy." You can spend your money on sources and cabling and power treatment, etc.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
orangecrush
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 10/04/12 at 04:12:41

Lon, your PWD MkII is the only dac John Darko said the Audiophilleo made no improvement to. You have a killer source!  I really appreciate all your posts. I have learned so much from you and Will and along with Decware, it has brought me closer to the music I love.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 10/04/12 at 11:28:25

Thanks OC. It's good to know that my posts can be helpful. Smiley I know will's are.

Yes, I'm very happy with my sources. I've spent all I can, so I'm lucky I enjoy it so much. Wink

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
CK722
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 11/05/12 at 20:22:22

I concur. I have an Oppo BDP-95 with modwrights tube mod. I have other mid to hifi sources that just don't do justice to my torii. With my Modwright and the right tubes it's breathtaking. Even the Zen Ultra changed it enough I had to return it. The Torii MKII is everything Steve says it is. I am confident the Torii is the last amp I will ever need for two channel. I have a Perfectwave dac II w/bridge on the way and am very anxious to compare it to my Modwright Oppo.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print