Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/04/24 at 18:02:14 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pair of ZOBs For Sale (Read 11254 times)
HappyDwarf13
Verified Member

Pair of ZOBs For Sale
10/01/12 at 01:13:20

Colleagues,

As Steve could tell you I am one of his most enthusiastic supporters.

I had a pair of ZOBs delivered in the Spring, set up with Steve's MINI TORRII.  They are enchanting but we are in the process of "downsizing", having a new smaller house built at this moment.

The "wife acceptance factor" is becoming an issue moving these rather large loudspeakers to our new home.

I'm willing to sacrifice my ZOBs for a $2800.00 cash deal if you would be interested.  If you plan on attending DecFest next weekend, I could transport these beauties to the Fest and you could do the transaction with me there.  Otherwise I could have them professionally packed an have them sent to you if you share the cost of packing/shipping with me.

Want to talk?  My email is kevin.balog@gmail.com or call me during business hours at 317-770-0456.  Alternatively, I've you have a means to pick them up in the Northern suburbs of Indianapolis we could make that happen.

They are GREAT loudspeakers.  My loss could be your gain.  I would even treat the cherry finish with British Briwax, the finest wood protector/wax that I've ever discovered (a four hour job) if that would be your desire.

Music is medicine.

Sincerely,

Kevin
Dr. Balog

DSC01509_001.JPG
  IP Logged
tom.gnade
Verified Member

Re: Pair of ZOBs For Sale
Reply #1 - 10/01/12 at 04:31:44

Which driver is that, FRX2?

Decware ZOB / Vandersteen 2wq / Sugden A21ap / Promitheus TVC / Rega Saturn / PS Audio P300
  IP Logged
HappyDwarf13
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 10/01/12 at 19:50:18

The loudspeaker transducers have a pretty long "metal can" mounted to the frame.  I know that these used to take
Steve forever to build the anti resonance chamber into the transducer design.  Let me see if I can get a photo of the back of the driver after work tonight to post.

Kevin

IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #3 - 10/01/12 at 22:32:02

Tom, Yes, they are the FRX2 drivers.

Zygi

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
HappyDwarf13
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 10/02/12 at 02:30:58

Hey Bob,  Don't be angry with me about selling your masterpiece.  Please understand its about space, decorating, and stuff getting reading to move into our new home.

Would you still be interested in having me bring my ST 70 on steroids?

Additionally, I'd like you to hear some bookshelf speakers that I'm using 8" Alnico Audio Nirvana transducers with.  Nope, don't have the bass of your ZOBs but easier to fit into a master bedroom.

Looking forward to talking.

Kevin

Image_1.jpg
  IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #5 - 10/02/12 at 03:27:46

Yes Kevin,

I would love to give it a listen.

Bring the bookshelves as well, I would love to hear the AN Alnico drivers.

See you this weekend.

Bob

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
HappyDwarf13
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 10/02/12 at 03:53:49

Will do.

Kevin

IP Logged
HappyDwarf13
Verified Member

Reply #7 - 10/08/12 at 00:25:26

I would be too dumb to let these guys go.  Please forgive me for the tease but I will find a place for them in my new house.

Again, I'm sorry to post a conflicting message.  After returning from 2012 DecFest, I am even more committed to supporting this "world class" made in America using the highest work ethics.  Heck all of my Decware products will be passed down as collectibles and works of art long after I leave the scene.  My 24 year old daughter already has dibs on my LP collection.  I told her not to hold her breath waiting for dad to pass into eternity.  I'm having too much fun and attending DecFest makes me feel like 10 years has been lifted from my far too stressful and demanding lifestyle.

Kevin Balog

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #8 - 10/08/12 at 00:33:36

Kevin, I'm really happy you had such a great time at the Fest, and that you are going to keep the ZOBs!

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Chris K
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 10/08/12 at 01:15:08

From the sky view this weekend Kevin I believe you also said some tremendous things about how well the music was rendered through Bob's HR-Ones?
Are a pair in your future? Sorry I could not make it I have stories about this speaker at my house that do not translate in written form.
You and wife are a handsome couple BTW.
Best,
Chris

Resistance is futile.
  IP Logged
Chris K
Seasoned Member

Reply #10 - 10/08/12 at 01:18:08

Who did the work on your ST-70?
I have one in the raw but it has some issues.
Played nice for awhile but had an arc in it somewhere. A more than 35watts....35watts.

Resistance is futile.
  IP Logged
HappyDwarf13
Verified Member

Reply #11 - 10/08/12 at 14:37:58

Chris,

I would love to have a pair of the HR-1 loudspeakers, but then I must wait until we move to determine where they might be placed.

Re: the ST120s, I started them but had the crazy idea that I was going to use "fancy" hook up wire for this unit.  You would laugh if I told you the supposed virtues of the stuff.  Trouble is, I couldn't keep my colors straight.  Punch line, I kept my tubes at home and asked Sal ? (ask me for his name if really interested) in New Jersey to finish it.  Our deal was he would make a few extra bucks in exchange for correcting my mistakes if I bought a full tube compliment from him.  I recommend the guy.  Let me know if you want his contact.

Thanks for comment about my wife an me.  I really like her and love her more today than I did when I married her 33 years ago.  Our 24 year old daughter plus my wife are two of the best things that have ever happened to me.

Kevin

IP Logged
Chris K
Seasoned Member

Reply #12 - 10/18/12 at 01:04:59

Thanks Kevin,
I'll keep in Sal in mind I do have another offer from Dan K up in Minn. I'll be in touch.

Resistance is futile.
  IP Logged
HappyDwarf13
Verified Member

Reply #13 - 10/18/12 at 01:31:24

Chris,

I'm sorry that I don't remember Sal's last name in New Jersey but he sure did a good job on mine after my silver solder and hook up wires didn't work. He did insist on using his tubes instead of mine.  I'll recommend him.

His email is salb203@aol.com

Kevin

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print