Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/25/24 at 13:58:16 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Super Zen Page is now UP! (Read 12596 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Super Zen Page is now UP!
09/25/12 at 21:13:56

We are no longer selling the SE84C+ in the white chassis except on special request for those who already have a white one and want a second one to match.  I probably only have a couple white chassis left.

The replacement is the new SE84CKC amp which is now black.

https://www.decware.com/newsite/SE84CKC.html

The price went up $100.00 and is likely to increase again in the Spring.

WWW   IP Logged
jameskk
Seasoned Member

Re: Super Zen Page is now UP!
Reply #1 - 10/03/12 at 18:07:42

A few more questions like I promised  . Is there a place or a improvement to install those jupiter caps on the output stage of the zcd.  Will there be a marked improvement  with the 274B, over the 5u4 in the superzen . I have about 3 dozen different rectifiers , which i believe are not outdone by the stock rectifier you used from china. ? thanks . have a great decfest , someday I'll get there.......Kevin

IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 10/04/12 at 05:24:58

I like the black chassis a lot better anyways.  I like it better than the wood bases too.  It looks more retro ...

I'm just going to throw this out there, but I think it would be even cooler looking if it said "Decware" (with the Decware Square/Symbol) in a brushed aluminum looking 3d cutout and set onto the front or side of the unit.

The flat-black wrinkle paint and brushed aluminum 3d Decware nameplate would look bad a$$!

IP Logged
jameskk
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 10/08/12 at 11:24:26

theres the last question . why are'nt any of your amps ventilated at the chassis  ,meaning the components inside  that one resistor that you said gets so hot in the zen building blog . or does this heat work to keep everything dry???? this question probably came up somewhere??? thanks

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 10/08/12 at 17:39:36

The amps are not ventilated in order to keep dust and critters out. The ZEN amp chassis does not get hot as some of the others. None of them need ventilation.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
jameskk
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 10/10/12 at 10:58:49

Thanks RR I guess critters like music and warmth too like us. Steve probably wrote about that somewhere....... Hoping mine (superzen ) is on its way soon.  I wonder if anybody listened to one at Decfest...?

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 10/10/12 at 11:15:33

We listened to the Super Zen at the Fest and it was great. You could tell that they did everything the predecessor did plus a little more. In time when the ZEN gets played and the transformers sweeten they grow even better with time.  

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
jameskk
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 10/11/12 at 11:35:55

Hey terrific. I watched some of the fest from the computer. Did Steve just let people move speakers around to listen to whatever they wanted to. just seemed strange ,since Steve took the time to set them up.

IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #8 - 10/11/12 at 16:41:02

jameskk,

That's pretty much how it goes. Mostly Steve, but we both are talking/answering so many questions during the fest that it would be impossible to set up everyones combinations they wanted to hear ourselves.  If Steve had someone that wanted to listen to a particular gear combo, we made it happen.

Placement wise, we add a piece of carpet/matt with an angled tape which most speakers seem to work best overall.  So quick changes can be made that should work pretty well. If you look from the doorway behind the speakers and amps, you hardly ever see anyone sitting in the sweet spot. I think everyone is being such a complete gentlemen they don't want to take the sweet spot for themselves, leaving no one sitting in the sweet spot.  As Steve C. commented many times at the fest...he didn't want to be that guy at the party that....I think everyone thought that way!

Usually Chris K is the guy setting up all the combinations and swapping out speakers as he has more energy than my 6 y.o. GD

I did get a chance to set up a pair of Super Zens strapped as mono's and was completely impressed with them on both the new MG's and HR-Ones. All while realizing I had just put them into the wooden bases the night before. A singleZen was enough to get me to my normal listening levels at home, even though Steve's room seems to need more power than my much smaller room to get me there. Everything Steve had described to me over the phone, was pretty much what I heard. One of the best, did just get better. You've got to love that little guy.

The Mini-T was very impressive as it sounded more like the new mono's without the balls that the monos have. And again it was also brand new, sans any hours of break in.
For the most part most of the guys that own Decware gear, when a change is made if it's the amp they own at home, jump right in and help set up the new system.

Unlike a few Decfest's ago, when someone set up a phono stage and plugged it into a clearly marked 220V power cord.  A bit of an oversite on that gents part.

Zygi

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
markv

Reply #9 - 10/11/12 at 17:06:22

Zygi -

You mentioned using the Mono's with the "new" MG's.  I thought I read on the Zen Fest thread a blurb about new MG944's.  Is there a new model coming out?  

Mark

IP Logged
opnly_bafld
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 10/11/12 at 22:27:09

"You mentioned using the Mono's with the "new" MG's.  I thought I read on the Zen Fest thread a blurb about new MG944's.  Is there a new model coming out?"

It now has a 2nd order crossover, before (from speaker page) "Crossover - none on woofers / 6dB on tweeters".

IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #11 - 10/12/12 at 01:18:03

Mark,

I wouldn't say a new model except  maybe adding a "T" to the existing MG944.
New look, slightly different crossover like Lin says, but an MG944...

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
SteveC
Seasoned Member

Reply #12 - 10/12/12 at 01:35:54

Jameskk, Zygi,

Yeah, I noticed that everyone was very polite to the point that nobody was getting to hear what they wanted.  We'd be listening, asking opinions of the current setup, and folks would respond with "It's great, but I'm curious about xyz".  We'd realize everyone was waiting to hear something else, but no one would come out and ask.  With room consensus, we'd cycle through various setup requests.  Steve said "make yourselves at home."  And with the tape marks on the ground we could easily keep the speakers positioned as Steve intended them.

I was trying to be very socially conscious and not be "that guy..." at the party:

That guy who hogged the sweet spot (nobody did)
That guy who drank too much (nobody did)
That guy who ate too much food (we all did.  Those rib were fantastic and plentiful.)
That guy who spilled beer all over your shoes. ...
That guy who didn't know when to leave. (nobody did)
That guy who left the strange stain on the bathroom wall (one of the outstanding mysteries of Zenfest'12)

Everyone was playing nice, and collectively we figured out how to setup and cycle everyone's desired system is a time efficient manner.  And we all benefitted by hearing many different combo's.

It's good to go to Zenfest.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print