04/18/24 at 07:20:44 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DNA plans (Read 7168 times)
jameskk
Seasoned Member

DNA plans
09/14/12 at 20:16:55

Is Steve ever going to release the plans for the DNA speakers. I believe he said last winter he was going to do that. thanks

IP Logged
jameskk
Seasoned Member

Re: DNA plans
Reply #1 - 12/20/12 at 12:08:27

Well thank you Mr. Deckert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smiley

IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 12/20/12 at 14:48:38

BTW, the drivers are hard to find.  I saw that Tang Band still shows them on their web site so I sent an e-mail.  I believe you can still buy them, but they may have to come directly from Tang Band or a distributer in Europe.

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #3 - 12/20/12 at 19:26:42

I believe the plans are on line now.....

I just found that Solen.ca in Canada has two left.

It's not that TangBand isn't producing them, its the fact that they were slow sellers due to price, then when the Neo prices sky rocketed it sent the price of the driver through the roof.

Add slower sales, high prices, no one wants to stock them any longer, it's that simple.

Zygi

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 12/20/12 at 19:50:20

I think these originally were sold by Parts Express for $140 per pair.  I've seen them on Ebay for $200.  These look like they are closing in on $300 USD before shipping!

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
jameskk
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 12/26/12 at 11:22:25

Is there any damping material used in the DNA's . the plans don't show any and dont specify any?

IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #6 - 12/27/12 at 12:53:23

Yes

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
seemtorecall
Verified Member

Reply #7 - 09/09/13 at 22:33:59

Hi Zygi, about that damping material, can you tell something about what type is used and where/how? Would be great if you could elaborate a bit, that would be super helpful, thanks.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print