Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/04/24 at 10:54:29 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
FS: Decware Zen Torii mkIII - like new condition! (Read 11634 times)
MarkR7
Verified Member

FS: Decware Zen Torii mkIII - like new condition!
08/21/12 at 19:09:39

For Sale: latest production, Decware Zen Torii mkIII tube amplifier - asking $2,700usd

Terms: Can ship, but Local Pickup in northern IL preferred; cash, paypal transfer from verified account (you pay all fees, if applicable), or cleared cashiers check (allow min. 7 business days). Note that the shipment will consist of two boxes (amp in one, and tubes in another), so plan your costs accordingly.

If you are considering purchasing this wonderful Torii amp from Decware, note that there is currently a 12 week waiting period for a new Torii III, and you will also have to pay tax if you live in Illinois (another $190 or so in taxes!!). The current price for a Torii starts at $3,000. This one was $3,250 with the premium finish.

Condition:
========
- Less than a year old (delivered last December)
- Perfect operational and cosmetic condition; you won't be able to tell this one from a new one

What you will get:
==============
- a Decware Zen Torii mkIII amplifier in the optional dark walnut hardwood finish ($250 option), with the following tubes:
- a brand new quad of cryo'ed JJ 6CA7 power tubes
- a brand new pair of cryo'ed 6N1P input tubes
- OA3s: stock chinese pair, NOS RCA pair, NOS National pair
- OC2s: NOS RCA pair, 2 pair of NOS Raytheon
- 5U4G: stock Chinese pair
- Manual, Power Cord

Optional:
=======
- add a quad of the recommended Shuguang Treasure black glass 6CA7 power tubes ($500 value) for an additional $300usd.

Thanks for looking!

My_Torii_III.jpg

Omega Super Alnico HO monitors, Coincident M300B monoblocks Exasound E32 DAC, MacBook Pro running Tidal/Roon/HQPlayer, Cerious Tech Graphene Extreme cables - SC, PC, Teo GC IC, Verastarr Nemesis USB cable
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Re: FS: Decware Zen Torii mkIII - like new condition!
Reply #1 - 08/21/12 at 19:22:25

Has this amp had the Decware checkup to enable warranty transfer?

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV>Omega S-A-H-O monitors/SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
MarkR7
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 08/21/12 at 19:29:37

No it hasn't, but I will be happy to send it to Decware on behalf of the buyer.

BTW, while a newbee here, I have been around Audiogon for a very long time.....  as "1markr".  Check my feedback if you care....

Omega Super Alnico HO monitors, Coincident M300B monoblocks Exasound E32 DAC, MacBook Pro running Tidal/Roon/HQPlayer, Cerious Tech Graphene Extreme cables - SC, PC, Teo GC IC, Verastarr Nemesis USB cable
  IP Logged
maddog07
Seasoned Member

seeker of truth

Reply #3 - 08/21/12 at 20:17:07

you know every potential buyer is gonna ask - so just tell us all right up front - why are you selling your Torii ?  :o

Decware Torii MK3, Wyred4Sound DAC2, Theta Digital Miles, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5, Aesthetix Calypso, Wyred STP-SE, Martin Logan Vista, Audio Nirvana 12" Alnico's, PS Audio PW P5, Goertz, Kimber, Nordost and DIY wires, PSA pwr cords, Cary SLI-80, DM945's.....
  IP Logged
MarkR7
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 08/21/12 at 20:38:44

It's a wonderful amp, and whoever picks it up will not be disappointed! However, I have a few reasons why I need to sell it:

1 - I have 2 amps, and need to get down to 1 (two kids in college now!); my other amp is a true SET, the Art Audio Jota with VV32b tubes (somewhat of a 300b equivalent). I've owned it quite a while, and spent much time tweaking tubes and cabling to get it to sound magical. I no longer have that kind of time to play with the Torii. Can I get it there? I think so, but time is not my friend.

2- I would take too much of a $$ beating on the Jota if I tried to sell it now. I am in a good sonic place with the Jota, so why change?

3- As much as I try to like the cabling setup in the back of the Torii amp, I cannot get over the top mounted connections. It's a pain with stiffer cables, and not very esthetically pleasing. My gear is in the family room, and not in some dedicated audio den.

IP Logged
sberger
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 08/21/12 at 21:07:41

I'm drooling. A great price for the Torii. Can you bridge a pair of Torii's? Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 08/22/12 at 03:19:23

I don't know if you could bridge what is essentially two mono amps. You bridge a stereo amp.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
sberger
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 08/22/12 at 05:02:28

Yeah I was being mostly facetious hoping that somebody didn't prove me wrong and make acquiring another Torii more of a temptation than it already is.

IP Logged
archeion
Verified Member

Reply #8 - 08/22/12 at 12:01:33

Walnut base is a no cost option.  Exotic hardwoods are $250.  Do you still have the rest of the stock tubes as well?

IP Logged
MarkR7
Verified Member

Reply #9 - 08/22/12 at 14:48:05

It will come with the stock 6N1P, OA3, OC2, 5U4G tubes, per the list above. It was also bought with the Black Treasure 6CA7 power tubes, which I am selling as an option at a $200 discount from their purchase price.

IP Logged
MarkR7
Verified Member

Reply #10 - 08/22/12 at 14:59:30

It will also ship with all the tubes listed in the original post, so there will be some opportunity for rolling tubes to flavor the sound to your liking!

IP Logged
MarkR7
Verified Member

Re: FS: Decware Zen Torii mkIII - price reduced!
Reply #11 - 08/27/12 at 17:56:49

Price reduced by $100...

Asking $2600 plus shipping and fees.

IP Logged
MarkR7
Verified Member

Reply #12 - 09/12/12 at 01:47:08

Amp has been sold.....

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print