Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/07/24 at 11:25:46 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Power Consumption ratings (Read 4835 times)
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Power Consumption ratings
08/20/12 at 01:52:10

I was looking for the power consumption ratings for the Torii MkIII, phono stage and the CPS pre-amp and I don't see any info on the website or in the owners manuals. I'm in the process of refiguring my system and one of the items will be a Tripplite Iso transformer (per one of Steve's articles) but is 500W capacity enough for the amp, pre-amp and phono along with the sources? Anyone have experience with all three of these components, and is so, do you use an isolation transformer or some other form of power conditioning? I don't think that these three components would exceed in pulling 500W but I am looking for some help. Thanks, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Power Consumption ratings
Reply #1 - 08/20/12 at 02:35:10

Chris, I used to use the Tripplite isolation transformers and I think you're going to be well within the useable power range without stress or strain.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #2 - 08/20/12 at 03:00:34

Lon- thanks for adding your voice of experience and reason, that's what makes this forum great. Chris

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
orangecrush
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 08/20/12 at 08:57:40

Torii: 169 watts.

IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #4 - 08/21/12 at 02:48:12

Thanks Lon and Orangecrush, I figured that the 500watt unit would handle the three decware components fine. thanks for the help.Chris

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print