04/20/24 at 14:05:13 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
speaker polarity (Read 4503 times)
vmax
Verified Member

speaker polarity
06/05/12 at 10:28:07

I've been having subpar performance from the torrii for awhile now, the system just wasn't sounding right..
one of the things Steve wrote about in the torrii owners manual, I finally decided to reverse the polarity of their hookup. I am now finally hearing what the torrii should sound like after all this time.
the sound, spectacular and detailed Wink Shocked

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: speaker polarity
Reply #1 - 06/05/12 at 15:35:39

Polarity/phase is really important! I enjoy having a phase switch on both my PS Audio DAC and my PS Audio phono preamp. They get used! Smiley

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
sberger
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 06/05/12 at 19:13:07

How exactly did you reverse polarity?

IP Logged
vmax
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 06/06/12 at 03:14:13

For My system, I just reversed the output leads on the torrii amp, positive speaker output from the torrii to the negative input on the speakers and negative speaker output on the torrii to the positive input on the speakers, for both channels. changing the phase is probably a better description of what I did by switching the inputs and outputs. how the speakers changed polarity or why they sound better with a reverse phase, not too sure what happened with the system.

the speakers I am running are not full range transmission line type speakers, they have a two way crossover, 6" woofer/mid and a tweeter for each speaker with some sort of, as polk puts it,
"Capacitive Coupling Technology that enhances the bass performance" .  

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print