Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/04/24 at 20:05:14 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Long shot: WTB Zen amp stand (Read 9646 times)
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Long shot: WTB Zen amp stand
05/30/12 at 22:45:25

This is likely a long-shot, but I want to buy one of the old school Decware amp stands for the Zen amps, the black ones with the two pieces of wood with a vibrational absorbing layer into between.

I have one, but I want another. I have two components that would fit and be suited by the stand. . . and I love symmetry. Or at least in some things.

If they can still be made for Decware, they're more expensive than I paid and I thought I'd see if I could land a used one first. And of course there's the wait. . . I'm already waiting for a CSP2+ I ordered today.

If anyone has one for sale or know of one for sale, please contact me at lonjazz@yahoo.com THANKS!

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Fireblade
Seasoned Member

Knowledge comes, but
wisdom lingers.
A.L.Tennyson

Re: Long shot: WTB Zen amp stand
Reply #1 - 05/31/12 at 02:15:35

Ha! I see your willpower in action: Just yesterday, buying a new CSP2+ was 'far away' (or something?)   Grin

Congrats on the new pre, Lon!!

Toshiba-Foobar2K-ASIO Direct-WD 2.0Tb HDD-Schiit USB cable-Schiit Yggdrasil DAC-Decware Silver Ref IC's-Decware Mini Torii SE-8PR Kimber Kable spkr cbls-Decware DM945's-Tekton Lore 2-Velodyne DLS 3500 SUB-BJC SUB Cbls-Tripp Lite 500 Isolation Trnsf-Jellyfish S
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #2 - 05/31/12 at 02:22:43

Yes, and about the same time my trusty old CSP2. . . died. I can get it repaired, but it's the perfect time to order a new one.

My willpower is weak! And I like to live somewhat dangerously. Smiley

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 05/31/12 at 02:55:04

As Cole Porter once put it: "Your will is strong but your won't is weak."

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #4 - 05/31/12 at 02:56:45

I wish I could sing this song from the 'twenties:

"My Sweet Tooth Says Yes, but My Wisdom Tooth Says No."

IP Logged
skiroe

Reply #5 - 06/03/12 at 17:17:08

Lon,   While I do not have the Zen stand  I do have a matched pair of Purple Heart stands with Ebony feet (3 to a stand)  that are hand made by me and of which I have not been able to use since I sold my Zen mono's about 5 yrs ago or so.  They were sized for those mono's.  If you are interested I can take some pics and email them.  I have never been able to upload pics on this site which is an irritant and keeps me from coming on here much.   I am going to try and upload a pic on here now to see if it will work--not of the stands but of something that is readily available in the i-photo.    And since I'm at it--- I do have a pair of Forte II's and  a Creek obh10 passive volume remote controller listed on the
Gon.    The Forte's are for local pickup only in the SF Bay area.    same issue---pic wont upload.  

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #6 - 06/04/12 at 15:39:58

skiroe, I'd love to see them, and if they're not too expensive I'd consider buying them. Thanks for sharing! I'm at lonjazz@yahoo.com

Lost my internet connection Saturday evening and finally got it back (had to pick up a new modem from the cable company. Was odd to not have that for the weekend, but sort of a relief as well.

I've been spinning vinyl and enjoying it. May have my new Rega in the next few days. The main system really shows the limitations of my current table, but the PS Audio GCPH is sending killer signal out.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #7 - 07/31/12 at 22:07:22

Well, I was considering buying a new one as I could find no used stands out there. I emailed Skylan and was told they aren't making amp stands as they're too busy making speaker stands. Didn't seem appropriate to me, they still show amp stands in their catalog. Wasn't impressed with their business plan and  operation . . . .

Guess I'll have to consider another stand.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #8 - 08/21/12 at 23:54:39

The only problem with considering another stand is I would love to have matched stands for my CSP2+ and my upcoming ZP3, and that means TWO stands.

One more time, a plea to anyone who has or knows of a ZStand for sale, I'd love to buy one. Thanks.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #9 - 08/29/12 at 13:49:05

Well I emailed Sarah twice about these stands, no response.

No one  has put one up for sale, the builder won't build one, so I decided to try a myrtlewood block the right size. . . is on the way to me. Would have been better to have a matching stand, but oh well. I gave it a good try.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #10 - 09/07/12 at 15:08:04

Well, the myrtlewood stand has been nice. It's a very cool wood, heavy, dense, and the stand seems to isolate the phono preamp well. Everything sounds so good!

Thus of course I finally got a reply from Sarah that a box of four of the Zen Stands was found. So I'm going to buy one as I really do want to have matching stands. I'll use the myrtlewood for the CSP2 in my second system.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print