Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/07/24 at 23:15:56 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Anyone using a Squeezebox Touch with a Decware? (Read 6300 times)
DanFromMichigan
Verified Member

Anyone using a Squeezebox Touch with a Decware?
05/25/12 at 16:43:58

I haven't thoroughly searched the forum, but I'm curious because I have an SB Touch.  If you do use one w/your amp, how do you like the sound?

BTW...without a preamp, how does one connect every piece of peripheral gear?  E.g., I have the SB, a turntable, cassette deck, and CD player.  i'd add an FM tuner too when I get my first Decware amp.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Anyone using a Squeezebox Touch with a Decware
Reply #1 - 05/25/12 at 16:48:31

The ultimate way for you to connect all those would be the Ultra preamp! You'd need a phono preamp too. . . I assume you're using an integrated amp or a receiver now. Does it have a preamp out?

The other option is a Decware switching box.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
DanFromMichigan
Verified Member

Re: Anyone using a Squeezebox Touch with a Decware?
Reply #2 - 05/25/12 at 17:01:56

I can always count on you for answers to my newbie questions, Lon!

Yes, I'm currently using a receiver...forgot I'll also need a phono preamp...

Are Decware switch boxes listed in products?

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Anyone using a Squeezebox Touch with a Decware
Reply #3 - 05/25/12 at 17:29:01

Yes, down under "Accessories"

https://www.decware.com/newsite/rotary.htm

I was looking at ebay today and noticed there are a few nice Hafler preamps for sale there. I have a Hafler preamp that has an excellent (actually two) phono circuit within and a fairly transparent (for solid state) line stage. The HAFLER DH-110 looks as if it would suit your needs exactly with a phono stage and two tape inputs (you could use one for the Squeezebox) and a tuner input as well.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
sberger
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 05/25/12 at 17:56:43

I use a SB Touch with my Torii and love the sound. I've ripped and have over 3000 lp's streaming through a Channel Islands DAC, then that goes to my Artemis LA-1 preamp, and finally through my Torii. I still play cd's and SACD's but the majority of my digital play is through the SB. Love it.  I have all my sources going through my pre, but when I was using my Decware CSP2 as a pre(now been relegated to strictly headphone amp) I used the Decware switch box without a hitch.

IP Logged
orangecrush
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 05/25/12 at 19:26:28

I use a Squeeze box Touch feeding a MHDT Havana Dac direct to the Torii. Sounds great but I feel the Havana could be improved upon and am going to upgrade to an Anedio D2 Dac connected by USB (using the EDO plugin) to the Touch. That will give astonishing low jitter which I think is the problem with the Havana. Also, the Anedio has a remote for volume control which I will enjoy.

The SB Touch is my only source. Forget a tuner, and use the touch for Internet radio.

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #6 - 05/25/12 at 23:43:02

I use my Wyred 4 Sound DAC for multiple inputs. CD player with toslink, Wadia Ipod dock with coax, and my computer with USB. That leaves one more input on my Torii free if I want to go back to vinyl or cassettes and 2 more digital inputs on my DAC. All of our local FM stations now stream online now, so i've got it covered if I get a hankering for radio.
Boy, all of this technology sure has put a lot of old mediums on the road to the scrap pile. That last remark will open me to no end of ridicule.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print