Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/07/24 at 19:25:16 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Multiple Decware Amps In One Base (Read 5762 times)
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Multiple Decware Amps In One Base
04/21/12 at 14:20:08

Just when DECWARE is working on all kinds of crazy new products - a crazy idea has emerged.

Why not offer a custom option of having a TABOO and a CSP2+ in one wood base. Maybe a ZEN SELECT and CSP2+ in the same base, or ZSM monos.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Multiple Decware Amps In One Base
Reply #1 - 04/21/12 at 15:18:03

Would be cool. . . not sure this would be at a good price point for the product line, etc. But we know they would be wonderful machines.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Doorman
Seasoned Member

"pouring from
the empty into the
void"

Reply #2 - 04/21/12 at 15:21:46

The SE34I-3 would doubtless fulfill all the above combinations.
A  number of manufacturers have needlessly redundant offerings.
Don

Decware, Rega, Heybrook/Linn/Ortofon
Goertz/Wireworld/cat-5/MarkAudio Alpair 10.2 drivers
(eN) in DIY Mar-Ken cabs
NHT SB3’s
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 04/21/12 at 15:38:31

Well, yes AND no Don. The Integrated has the EL34 tube and power point. I love them, but there's magic in those small bottles and a different sound. And the CSP2 has so much more to offer and utilize than the "preamp" (not really what it is) section of the Integrated does. These are not the same machines, would have different appeal.

I really liked the "flagship" DAC that Steve built with the DAC and preamp and "ZBox" functions all together, and with blendable tube and solid state output stages. I think that something like this in a wood case would be FANTASTIC and would have bought it instead of my PS Audio PerfectWave Duo if I could have. But the six grand or so price point really puts it outside of what most Decware buyers are targeting as a price to pay, and puts them in stiff competition with a ton of other brands who are advertised in mags and accessible in the few audio salons around. . . .

But hey, I'd love to see all these mentioned in a perfect world!

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #4 - 05/02/12 at 18:58:01

I agree Lon, as you said, "but there's magic in those small bottles and a different sound".

I am an SV83 Original (junkie).....not the garbage Steve warned us about from New Sensor in 2005. I do mean the Original SV83 Steve built his Amps around from 1996 to 2005.

-Stone of Tone

Room Treats-M.Green & mine
Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Shunyata Z-Alpha DigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
Acoustic Zen Adagio/Modified
Kimber PK10 Palladian from wall
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #5 - 05/02/12 at 19:34:58

I know the tubes you're talking about amigo. Had them in my Rev. A and my Select. Those amps are just full of magic!

IP Logged
Doorman
Seasoned Member

"pouring from
the empty into the
void"

Reply #6 - 05/03/12 at 16:12:20

Agree the "small bottle" 6bq5's & variants are special in the right (Decware) amps.
A few years back, there was a group-buy on those wonderful Russian cryo'd power tubes. They made the Select sing.
BTW, I have a new pair if anyone is interested.
Don

Decware, Rega, Heybrook/Linn/Ortofon
Goertz/Wireworld/cat-5/MarkAudio Alpair 10.2 drivers
(eN) in DIY Mar-Ken cabs
NHT SB3’s
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print