03/28/24 at 14:42:08 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
HWK scaled for 10" (Read 4760 times)
ROBT57
Ex Member

HWK scaled for 10"
04/13/12 at 02:39:52

First post, I am long winded and will apologize for that up front.

I moved from Nashville to PDX and left behind my beloved 'Wicked' Version 'ONE' [and a lot of other big stuff] I had made years back.  

Had been using a 210 Bandpass with a CS800 Peavey amp, one side to each of the 2 Kicker 10" Subs I got for my kid he never used yadi yada.

Anyway, got 5 Piega HT speakers today TS3/S4/S2 and ready to get the sub going for the HT in our house we just closed/moved into.

So, my questions:

The HWK plans have the dims for scaling, but no mention in the old plans I bought after making the WO originally do not mention port scaling, top or 2 bottom.

What is the best loading option for the 2 10" drivers short of experimenting?

Thanks up front.

Robt

IP Logged
HT-EXT
Seasoned Member

NYUK NYUK NYUK

Re: HWK scaled for 10"
Reply #1 - 05/15/12 at 16:33:28

The set up I like best is to put the magnets in the center section and have to cones firing into the ported sections. My friend has both his subs pointed up and it sounds pretty darn good too. Your best bet is to leave the top and bottom removal so you can experiment with different alignments until you figure which one you like best. That is one of the great things about the HWK, it can be tuned with the sub set up or by changing the port dims.

VERY COOL !!!

HT-EXT

I will pm you the dims for the ports. Let me know if you get it or not.

" I TRY TO THINK BUT NUT'EN HAPPENS! " CURLY
  IP Logged
ROBT57
Ex Member

Re: HWK scaled for 10"
Reply #2 - 05/15/12 at 18:37:46

Thanks, got you PM. Unable to reply in POM until I get 5 posts apparently.

How efficient is the HWR, I know I am not using 1/2 the power of my CS800, and I picked up a 410 powered bass cab with a SS 100 Watt bass amp in it made by Bruce of Colorado a few decades ago.  Wondering if a good strong 100 Watt with a huge transformer made for Bass guitar amp as low would push the sub with the 125 watt per channel 5.1 receiver, it should not clip much I am thinking made for lows basically...

Cioa

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print