Send Topic Print
Back from the dead (Read 4477 times)
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Back from the dead
03/14/12 at 23:47:53

Hello everyone. I'm just getting back from a third world hellhole that has occupied me for the last 3 months. It started out with a" Hey, go over there and see what you can do in a couple of days" and finished with me screaming at my boss to get me the hell out of here.
While I was gone I recieved a Wyred 4 Sound DAC 1 and a new computer to store all of my music in. Wahoo, I'm back in the music game again.
Zygi, I have something in my desk at work for you. I'm not going back in there for a few days, but I haven't forgotten.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Re: Back from the dead
Reply #1 - 03/15/12 at 00:17:00

Great news Donnie on the DAC and computer. Long haul, but are you loving the sound of your system?

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/ZR2/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845>Omega SAHOs/AudioSmile Tweeters,SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs and DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker>SR and aluminum w ball bearing + feet
  IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #2 - 03/15/12 at 01:05:20

Donnie,

I was getting worried about you....Glad your back in IL.

No rush!

Zygi

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #3 - 03/15/12 at 01:06:51

The Torii is purring, MG944's are doing their usual magic, the DAC1 is so far sounding pretty doggone good.
I'm waiting for some new Mapleshade IC's to arrive, I like the idea of copper foil in some kind of cheesy plastic bags. Call me strange.
I bought a new Dell PC with 8 Gigs of memory and 1Tb. hard drive.
I can hear all of you Apple guys cringing, but you can get so much more 'puter for the $ with a PC. Windows 7 made it easy to transfer music, just hit a few buttons and let my laptop talk to the new box.
I did download Jriver Media center into the new box, so far it has been fun to play with.
Anyway, it is good to be back in the USA!

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #4 - 03/15/12 at 01:21:14

Glad you're back Donnie! I've heard good things about the Wyred for Sound DAC1 and DAC2; glad you are enjoying yours!

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print