Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Advice for a newcomer (Read 5906 times)
JD
Seasoned Member

Advice for a newcomer
03/11/12 at 20:44:07

Hello to the Decware family,

I am patiently awaiting my Zen Torii III 9-10 weeks to go...  I have been reading through the forums to familiarize myself and to gain as much knowledge as possible and I want to thank all that share such honest and heartfelt advice.  I decided to add the Torii to my small yet functional arsenal after getting 45 minutes of Steve's uninterrupted and unfiltered advice...SOLD!!!
Looking back any of you wish you did more to prepare for the Torii?  Already stockpiling tubes (haha!) and upgrading cables and connects etc.. along with brand new music but trying to fill the time as I wait.
thanks in advance
JD

IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Re: Advice for a newcomer
Reply #1 - 03/11/12 at 21:48:51

JD,

Welcome to the forum....I'm just glad you aren't waiting on speakers as well Smiley

The only thing I can think of is to make sure your listening chair is comfortable, get a table to set next to said listening chair. And above all,  catch up on your sleep!

Now, you're  set for when the amps arrival...... get it all set up, sit in the chair, with your favorite beverage, and prepare to spend a lot of time listening to music.

zygi

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 03/11/12 at 23:13:39

Yes, you are in for some exciting times. I like the idea of having some tubes around to play with, and getting some better cables! Don't know what you have now, but if your source and speakers are revealing, the Torii will definitely show you clear differences in these things. And with the bass and treble knobs, and bias and impedance switches for fine tuning, you will have great flexibility...like say a tube set is a little bright or warm, but overall a great performer, these controls have a lot of power for tuning body, texture, weight, detail .... what a great amp!

I feel bad for your long wait, but suspect you will find it worth it!

Will

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV>Omega S-A-H-O monitors/SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
JD
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 03/12/12 at 00:51:27

Right now I'm running an oppo 95 and scott turntable thru an old marantz 2275 with Klipsch reference bookshelves.  Already thinking about adding the ERR's in the very near future!? Any one out there use the decware phono tube pre amp before the torii? or advice with using the oppo 95 with it if anyone uses one?

IP Logged
JD
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 03/12/12 at 23:14:44

Zygi,

Thanks I will follow that advice to the T.

jd

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print