Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/07/24 at 16:29:19 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Donations for Flowers for Roane Deckert (Read 807 times)
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Donations for Flowers for Roane Deckert
03/07/12 at 12:38:17

"It's been said that you can choose your friends, your work, your hobbies, but not your family. Well, I am here to tell you that it's not always true. With Decware, we do get to pick our family. The Decware community is more than just a collection of people who share a common interest. You can feel it in the way that its members help each other, encourage collaboration, support experimentation, reward questions with sharing of knowledge, not disdain or ridicule. And it all starts with Decware's founder, Steve Deckert. Steve is an amazing human being, without whom the Decware family would not be what it is. And it should be surprise no one that the man who brought us Steve, his father Roane, is an amazing man, too.

Yesterday, Roane Deckert passed away after a short  battle with Binary Cancer. The Decware family in its entirety mourns Steve's loss, and we hope that Steve and Devon know that our hearts and prayers are with you now.  GH

To all Decware family members, I've been asked and think its a great idea to accept donations so we can send flowers to Steve and family. I think its a great idea, as it might for just a few seconds put a smile on Steve's face at this trying time in his life. I know since finding out about his dads illness he has had a very hard time dealing with it.

So anyone wanting to donate towards a flower fund can do so by PayPal to deckert-ziegler@hotmail.com

Thanks to all, and may God bless.

Bob Ziegler

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Donations for Flowers for Roane Deckert
Reply #1 - 03/07/12 at 12:48:10

Good idea, done!

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Randy in Caintuck
Seasoned Member

Tube be ... or not
tube be ... it's a
no-brainer.

Reply #2 - 03/07/12 at 13:19:01

Agreed ..... Steve has done a lot for the audio community and has been a good friend to all of us.

So sorry to hear about his loss.  I lost my Dad last year and it leaves an empty spot in a person's life.

Best wishes to Steve and the family,

Randy

CEC TL5N belt drive CD transport
Cambridge Audio Azur 851N DAC / Streamer
Decware SE84UFO amplifier
Caintuck Audio Betsy Open Baffles
Caintuck Audio Lii Silver-10 Open Baffles
Caintuck Audio Lii 15 Open Bass Baffle
WWW   IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 03/07/12 at 15:37:07

Thanks for setting up the flower fund Bob.

When I think about how much Decware via Steve and Bob and Devon and Sarah, have enhanced my life, I am amazed and grateful. They gave me access to gear that is truly a gateway for deep enjoyment of music. And through this, I love my home more where this amazing gear contributes so much to our daily lives! Then there is the very friendly and generous extended Decware community.... Wow.

Steve's creativity and devotion to pristine and lucid music for us is a primary reason for all this, and without Roane we would not have Decware. So thank you Roane for being a part of inspiring the combination of traits that made Steve what he is. Through your son, you have been a big help to me and I wish you well!

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/ZR2/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845>Omega SAHOs/AudioSmile Tweeters,SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs and DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker>SR and aluminum w ball bearing + feet
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #4 - 03/10/12 at 19:06:27

DeVon and I thank you for all the kind words!  

My dad was a confident leader of many tallents and accomplishments and can be credited for being my inspiration and changing the lives of thousands of people.  His hobby was art, and here are a few examples of his work...

I had the extraordinary privilege of helping him complete his first published book before he died.  It was a historically accurate novel about immegrating to the United States and settling the west.  He spent the last ten years of his life working on it and was one chapter away from completing it when he became too sick to write.  I did the cover artwork for the book and handled the marketing.  It was an incredible joy to see him hold the first published copy of this book in his hands and a true gift from God to watch the satisfaction he got from selling nearly a thousand books in the thirty some days before he died.

You can see the book here: https://www.decware.com/excel/

-Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #5 - 03/10/12 at 20:17:23

Thanks for sharing his art and the details of his book Steve. He was a very talented, intelligent man, and I know he will be missed. I'm also glad that you got to share so much with him. Remember all the good times and you're all in my thoughts.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 03/11/12 at 11:26:15

Those sculptures are amazing! What a beautiful hand! He left behind some wonderful things.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #7 - 03/12/12 at 00:56:23

The sculptures are beautiful...

Steve's work on the cover, excellent! Good job Steve!

I haven't read a book in years, I think this might be one for me to try, it sounds interesting and if it's anything like Steve's writings on the site, should be an interesting read.

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #8 - 03/14/12 at 03:32:16

The flowers were received and my mom simply raves about them.  She accepted no flowers from funeral attendees (my dad was a minister of 3 churches with large congregations) but rather asked them to donate to one of my dads favorite charities instead.   Had she not done that there would have been literally thousands of flowers - too many. Of course sitting alone in her home on Monday with no flowers was the result... so this couldn't have worked out more perfect and we thank you very much.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 03/14/12 at 04:40:36

Sweet!

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/ZR2/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845>Omega SAHOs/AudioSmile Tweeters,SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs and DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker>SR and aluminum w ball bearing + feet
  IP Logged
Damien
Seasoned Member

Reply #10 - 03/18/12 at 23:23:35

Sorry to hear about this. My thoughts and best wishes are with you and yours, Steve.

Taboo, CSP2+, ZOB's, FRX2's
WWW k919596   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print