Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/07/24 at 09:48:14 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Question using the rotary box with CSP2 and Torii (Read 5061 times)
sberger
Seasoned Member

Question using the rotary box with CSP2 and Torii
03/05/12 at 19:10:59

So having just purchased a Torii III from forum member Stone_Of_Tone(thanks!!!) I'm trying to figure out the best configuration in my system. I own a CSP2 that I use as my headphone amp and haven't decided if I want it to stay in front of the Torii. But whether I do or not I also want to continue to utilize Steve's rotary switch box for my sources. Since it is a passive box, does anybody think that using it in front of the CSP2, which would be in front of the Torii, will degrade the sound in anyway? Or, if I am determined to use the rotary box would I be better off not using the CSP2 and going direct with the Torii?

Thanks in advance.

IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Re: Question using the rotary box with CSP2 and Torii
Reply #1 - 03/05/12 at 19:42:56

Right now I am using the rotary switch box infront of the CSP2 and do not hear any degration in sound. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

John

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 03/05/12 at 20:04:15

I can't imagine that the box has no sound. But since Steve designs everything to sound as transparent and musical as possible, and you like it now, seems it would translate well either is front of the Torii or with the CSP inline.

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/ZR2/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845>Omega SAHOs/AudioSmile Tweeters,SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs and DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker>SR and aluminum w ball bearing + feet
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 03/05/12 at 20:46:20

Hey Sam. glad you got the Torii.

I'd try it both ways. . . my guess is with the switch box into the CSP2 will be killer!

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
sberger
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 03/05/12 at 21:05:03

Thanks guys. Using the rotary box really makes life simpler for me. Appreciate your
feedback.

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #5 - 03/05/12 at 23:46:26

Yes Sam! I got your message that she arrived beautifully. I was shooting for Friday or Saturday arrival for you. I knew FedEx would put it out for Saturday Delivery if they missed Friday!  Thank you...and enjoy.   -Stone

Room Treats-M.Green & mine
Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Shunyata Z-Alpha DigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
Acoustic Zen Adagio/Modified
Kimber PK10 Palladian from wall
to PS Audio P3