05/04/24 at 16:30:54 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Torii III (Read 2809 times)
walt
Ex Member

Torii III
01/31/12 at 23:46:09

Circumstances dictate the possible sale of my 10 month old Torii III. I would prefer to sell among the friends hear that understand Decware. The amps has no issues with performance or appearance. It has the figured black base.  I have the original box but have it packed professionally.  Expect two boxes. The below tubes will ship with the amp.  I will not separate them or sell a few on there own. The tubes represent an investment around $500.00.  I amp asking $2500.00 plus shipping add 3% for paypal. I may be willing to consider reasonable offers.

Walt Roman wroman214@comcast.net

Tube compliment including Stock delivered tubes:
One matched Quad Mullard re-issue EL-34  Strong bottom end---smooth.
One matched Quad Tung-Sol re-issue EL-34.   Can’t fault anything about these tubes. Dynamic and clear.

Stock regulators (2)GE and (2)Raytheon----hard to beat
Set of (4), two OA3 and two OC2 NOS RCA brand regulators, some say the best .
Two Westinghouse OB3 regulators, don’t laugh these sound great-not sure who made them for Westinghouse.
Pairs of the following OD3 regulators: RCA, Sylvania and Hytron

One pair matched JJ 6922, if you adjust the controls on the amp to match these work very well for the price.
Stock pair 6N1P --- do these last forever? Very forgiving.
RCA  (made in Japan) 6922.  Very rich and full sounding but greater detail than 6N1P’s.
Mullard ECC88 Blackburn Old Shield Logo, 1967 Great Britain,  What can I say, this tube is like the Kodachrome of the valve world.
Amperex/Phillips A-Frame getter Early 70’s Holland, probably my favorite.

Stock pair of Ruby 5u4G. I read somewhere that these were supposed to sound harsh and thin---these sound smooth warm.
Very early Production of matched 5u4G RCA ST shape.  My favorite, seem to provide more juice all around.
60’s RCA 5U4GB similar to above, matched pair
GE 5u4GB matched pair
Philco 5U4GB (these are GE, except a little more rugged) Matched pair
I do not recommend changing the stock OC2 to another value, at least not without using a preamp because gain will be affected.

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Re: Torii III
Reply #1 - 02/01/12 at 12:19:12

"possible sale"

Don't do it, Walt!

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
walt
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 02/01/12 at 15:20:59

I know, would not if I did not need to.

IP Logged
walt
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 02/02/12 at 06:20:34

Sale in Process.

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 02/02/12 at 17:09:06

Sorry you are selling Walt. Nice price with this tube selection! Good Luck!

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV>Omega S-A-H-O monitors/SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print