Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/04/24 at 20:08:25 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
FS: HDT II's in excellent condition (Read 2916 times)
cthulu
Verified Member

FS: HDT II's in excellent condition
01/26/12 at 22:56:14

hi,
I have a very nice pair of HDT II's for sale in the Sacramento/Bay Area region.  Welcome to come see them if you're within driving range. Listed originally for $2495 I think (yup, they're listed as a $500 upgrade on the HDTs still, so the price is the same).  Condition is extremely good (I'd say near perfect but there are some very small surface marks on the passive radiator felt or whatever).  Here's Steve's description of the HDT II:  

An interesting option is called the HDT MKII.  For situations when a warmer speaker with greater bass weight is desired.  This is accomplished with a 2-way implementation of the same cabinet using different drivers and tuning.  There are two top plates instead of one that frame the isodynamic planar ribbon tweeter.  The woofer is a silverflute wool cone driver running full range with no crossover.  Total efficiency of the MKII option is 94dB and is available in 4 or 8 ohms.

I find they sound quite a bit superior to the several other pairs of decware speakers I have (5 sets of speakers in a small apartment.  Sadly, stuff has to go.). My wife wants to keep the smaller MG944s for her room so this nicer sounding pair is for sale. I would prefer local or semilocal buyers but will ship (buyer pays) if needed.  Welcome to come see them if you're in the Sacramento/Bay area region.

Lists new at $2495, asking $1800 plus shipping. I'll probably cross post to audiogon in a few days, but thought I'd post 'em here first for any decware fans.

thx,

IP Logged
cthulu
Verified Member

Re: FS: HDT II's in excellent condition
Reply #1 - 01/28/12 at 18:14:36

this will be reposted to audiogon w/ pictures (never could get that to post here) and a lower price.

thx,

IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Re: FS: HDT II's in excellent condition
Reply #2 - 02/21/12 at 17:19:28

HDT's still over on the gon'. I would make an offer/buy them...but I want the Radials for my Torii 3.

My bad....these are the II's. The gon' has a pair of HDT. Someone needs to buy those..... .

Room Treats-M.Green & mine
Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Shunyata Z-Alpha DigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
Acoustic Zen Adagio/Modified
Kimber PK10 Palladian from wall
to PS Audio P3