Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/04/24 at 20:20:58 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Re: Gopher's  Torii mk3 F/S (Read 7283 times)
Gopher
Ex Member

Re: Gopher's  Torii mk3 F/S
01/17/12 at 17:56:54

Yep.  I'm not sure its the correct move, but the speakers I want to use in my living space just aren't mating well with the Torii.  

I'm a bit bummed about it, but I'm going with a pair of speakers I can put flat against the wall and get rid of my room treatments--turn my living room back into a living space.  

If anyone prefers the amp without the Black Treasures, I'd knock a couple hundred off the price.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #1 - 01/17/12 at 17:58:28

Wow Gopher, sorry you're parting with this. If someone is looking for a Torii, this is a great deal without the waiting time.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
dden
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 01/17/12 at 20:44:56

gopher i tried PM'ing you on audiocircle but no response so far.   check you PM's   I'm interested.  

-Dan

IP Logged
Gopher
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 01/17/12 at 22:50:04

Sorry, I don't see your message on audiocircle, but I replied to you here Smiley

Glad to see this is stirring up a good bit of interest among Decware guys.  I didn't really want to place this on audiogon.

IP Logged
Gopher
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 01/18/12 at 03:23:11

Sale pending.

IP Logged
skiroe

Reply #5 - 01/24/12 at 18:58:50

sale still pending?    I don't see the price in your message.  Can you give me an idea of how much you are asking?     Also,  Have you ever run a Taboo or similar and how does the Tori compare on quiet operation?  (re/power supply hum)  Thanks  8-)

IP Logged
Morganc

Reply #6 - 01/25/12 at 08:23:10

It sold long ago.   These sell very quickly as there are almost 100 people on the waiting list right now, and I'm loving mine Smiley

And Peronally, the Tori and mini torii have both been dead silent on 98 and 101 dB speakers.

IP Logged
skiroe

Reply #7 - 01/25/12 at 15:36:42

Im sure they are dead silent at the speakers.  It's often mistaken when I ask about hum----I'm referring to hum from the amp itself..  Usually a part of the power supply.  Steve's amp have been my best bet for the most part regarding this kind of operational hum.    My Taboo Has very little hum at the amp.  It's quiet enough for my sensitive hearing.   Cool

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #8 - 01/25/12 at 15:47:57

Good point. I do hear hum at the speakers but I think most to blame is the lack of shielding on the Decware interconnects. It's really difficult for me to get these completely free of interaction with power cords etc. (especially the way the power inlet is mounted on the Mk II and Mk III) but the hum they pick up is pretty insignificant and the sound they present is just awesome.

Should have the My Audio Cable Ultrasivler + that will talks of in the house soon for a comparison. The Decware interconnects are going to be hard to push out of the system.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print