Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/04/24 at 19:35:23 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
MC/MM Phono Pre Amp Wanted (Read 3136 times)
musicmanbob
Verified Member

MC/MM Phono Pre Amp Wanted
01/07/12 at 16:52:28

Hello all,

I am looking to purchase a used ($200 to $400 dollars) phono pre amp for moving coil and moving magnet cartridges. Must be in great condition. Please provide all particulars to include price. My email address: rbw@power800voicemail.com
I use PayPal for all transactions. Thanks very much.

bob Smiley

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Re: MC/MM Phono Pre Amp Wanted
Reply #1 - 01/08/12 at 16:35:21

Hey Bob:

You may wish to search for a stereo receiver that has dual phono inputs. You will get a tuner in the bargain. Maybe a used Rega or Rotel. I have seen several that have MM/MC capability.

Also I believe that JOLIDA makes an MM/MC phono preamp that is tubed.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
musicmanbob
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 01/08/12 at 20:55:35

Hello again Riveraranch,

Presently, I have a Classe pre amp (solid state) that has MC and MM inputs and was voted one of the best by The Absolute Sound some years ago. I use that with my Threshold power amp which makes for some great sounds. However, I wanted to see what tubes would sound like so purchased the Decware tube pre amp. I am now looking for a tube phono pre amp to mate with my Decware. These in term will drive my Threshold power amp and then my Magnapan speakers. Thanks again for your great comments.

bob Smiley

IP Logged
musicmanbob
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 01/15/12 at 17:37:11

Good afternoon all,
I have found a wonderful tube phono pre amp that hs gotten good reviews. I intend to purchase one and use it until I can afford a Decware pre. Thanks everyone.

bob Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print