05/07/24 at 21:20:00 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DECWARE ZT PRE AMP (Read 4844 times)
musicmanbob
Verified Member

DECWARE ZT PRE AMP
01/06/12 at 00:01:04

Hello all and I am brand new here. I am looking for those who are using the Decware ztpre amp. Actually, I had never heard of this company or its products before. I am presently using a Classe pre amp and Threshold power amp with Magnapan 1.6 speakers modified by Peter Gunn. I wanted a different sound so purchased the Decware. Hope I can get some feedback. Thank you all so much for this forum.  :)

bob

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Re: DECWARE ZT PRE AMP
Reply #1 - 01/06/12 at 00:40:09

Welcome, Bob

My suggestion would be to pose some specific questions about the ZT and hope that somebody who has the answer will respond.

If nobody responds you can always call Steve Deckert and ask him what you want to know.

When you say "different" you mean better, I presume. Many of us here believe that tube equipment sounds different and in most cases better than solid state.

I wish you all the best in your thermionic journey.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
musicmanbob
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 01/06/12 at 05:34:34

Good morning Rivieraranch and thank you so much for contacting me. I have tried twice calling Mr. Decker but no one answers. I have left voicemails. I have an excellent music system which is solid state except for the DAC which is tube. While the Classe pre amp is wonderful and very tube like (whatever that means) I want to mate my Threshold amp with a tube pre amp so purchased the Ztpre amp.

Basically I want to know what others thoughts are regarding this pre amp as well as what tubes they find work well? I am also interested in learning if there are any upgrades or modifications to be had for this unit?  I also wonder if there are any specific interconnects and power cables used? Finally, I don't know whether my Ztpre amp is from the first batch or whether it came later. I hope it will arrive this weekend and see what its serial number is. I can then share this information here on this forum and perhaps get some answers. Thanks again sir.

bob Smiley

IP Logged
musicmanbob
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 01/07/12 at 17:10:22

Hello again Rivieraranch,

I got you last message but could not directly message you back so I am sending this open message. Thank you so much again for taking the time to correspond with me. I will be relocating to Georgia at the end of February or very early March. I will make sure we keep in touch. I do plan to attend one of the DecFests since you have such good things to say about it.

Thank you for suggesting sending my Dec Pre Amp for a look-see by the man himself. The guy that sold it to me said there was not date stamp to indicate when it was made. It may have been a pre-production model and that's OK with me. If that is the case I am sure Mr. DecWare himself may upgrade it. I do hope I hear from him soon, but will call him back once I have the Pre Amp in hand. I hope to get it on coming Tuesday. I appreciate all your suggestions.

bob Smiley

IP Logged
ntjetsmoke
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 01/07/12 at 19:36:07

musicmanbob- what would you like to know about the Ztpre? I have used one for several years.

IP Logged
musicmanbob
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 01/07/12 at 23:57:10

Hello NTJetsmoke,

Thank you for this contact. Once I get the pre amp in my hands, and I think that will be next week, I will be back in touch with you with questions. I really appreciate this correspondence.

bob Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print