Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 08:07:11 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SE34i.2+ Discontinued!! (Read 7671 times)
Fireblade
Seasoned Member

Knowledge comes, but
wisdom lingers.
A.L.Tennyson

SE34i.2+ Discontinued!!
12/28/11 at 01:28:40

Hi all! I'm new to this forum, first post, and was until this morning a prospective SE34i.2+ customer. I just learned from Sarah that it is being discontinued. Now, after having made all kinds of analyses comparing many alternatives, I was so proud of having finally reached to the unequivocal best choice for me: the SE34i.2+.

Needless to say I'm somewhat frustrated, but at the same time eager to learn from this forum what will likely be a comparable (or better) alternative. Did you all know this amp was being discontinued? Have you learned of a (hopefully improved) potential replacement?

I just hope price remains more or less the same, as it is one of the decision criteria used during my screening. I haven't talked to Steve due to the holidays, so if you know something I would much appreciate your inputs.  Good music listening to all!

Toshiba-Foobar2K-ASIO Direct-WD 2.0Tb HDD-Schiit USB cable-Schiit Yggdrasil DAC-Decware Silver Ref IC's-Decware Mini Torii SE-8PR Kimber Kable spkr cbls-Decware DM945's-Tekton Lore 2-Velodyne DLS 3500 SUB-BJC SUB Cbls-Tripp Lite 500 Isolation Trnsf-Jellyfish S
  IP Logged
Lord Soth
Seasoned Member

I'm an American
BadAss!

Re: SE34i.2+ Discontinued!!
Reply #1 - 12/28/11 at 16:29:34

I'm sorry to hear about that too.

I too was also considering ordering one.

I have many preamp tubes in the ECC88 family and variants. I wanted to get an SET amp which uses those.

Well, I now have a good reason to order the Zen Torii MK3 instead.  ;)

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #2 - 12/28/11 at 22:30:35

From my experience with these products, Steve usually has a great product on the way soon after discontinuing a product. Such was the case with my speakers, and I could not be happier for the second version. IMO Decware makes some outrageously good amps, and I have owned some pretty big names. On the other hand, the TORII III would undoubtedly tempt me as well as a 'second' choice.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Fireblade
Seasoned Member

Knowledge comes, but
wisdom lingers.
A.L.Tennyson

Reply #3 - 12/30/11 at 00:56:54

I'm sorry guys, for not replying any sooner. I thought this section of the forum was also off, so I took my frustration to the General forum section. You can look under this same thread title over there and find out my current conclusions on the matter, in case you care.

I can see both of you are tempted by the flagship amp, the Torii MkIII. Good for you, I can' t afford it, don't need all that power and I'm more interested in SETs.

I also believe Steve will eventually come up with an upgrade on this special and important niche (SE34i.2+), I'm sure.  The clue for me is how long will I have to wait for that.  I'm currently considering a couple of the other choices from Decware.

Anyway, thanks for your assistance and great listening!

Toshiba-Foobar2K-ASIO Direct-WD 2.0Tb HDD-Schiit USB cable-Schiit Yggdrasil DAC-Decware Silver Ref IC's-Decware Mini Torii SE-8PR Kimber Kable spkr cbls-Decware DM945's-Tekton Lore 2-Velodyne DLS 3500 SUB-BJC SUB Cbls-Tripp Lite 500 Isolation Trnsf-Jellyfish S
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print