Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/07/24 at 06:17:17 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Best Decware Amp for Heresy III (Read 4385 times)
techguy0192
Ex Member

Best Decware Amp for Heresy III
12/04/11 at 04:15:00

I’m looking for input and opinions on the best amp for Klipsch Heresy III speakers.  They are rated 99dB/1w/1m and present an 8 ohm load.  The max SPL is 116dB, I doubt I’d ever want to listen at that extreme of a volume.
My dedicated room is approximately 12X14 with zero room treatments.   I’ve never used a meter in the room, but would guess 95dB or so would be the absolute top volume peaks I’d ever want to hit.  Which amp has the best synergy with the Klipsch Heritage line?  SET or Pentode?

Thanks!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Best Decware Amp for Heresy III
Reply #1 - 12/04/11 at 18:26:04

Hi techguy.  With those quite efficient drivers and a relatively small room I would recommend the C+, the ZS or if you can afford them, the ZSM. Unless you listen to predominantly classical orchestral works that you wish to play very loudly, I think the wattage will work for you. And these amps have an amazing sound, with detail, depth, and solidity. I think your speakers will really like them, and I'd recommend this series of amps to anyone who loves speakers that are compatible with them.

To really best explore your options, I'd recommend a call to Steve. He's the best word on what amp works best for a speaker.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
ski bum
Seasoned Member

Re: Best Decware Amp for Heresy III
Reply #2 - 12/05/11 at 18:09:58

Hola techguy, welcome to the forum!

Since your H III come from the factory with the ability to bi-amp, consider playing around with that.  (I use SE84C+ for the horns on my forte II, ss for the woofs...pretty amazing results!)

For your desired listening levels, the low power options would just barely suffice (but sound damn sweet while doing it).  Add a sub to that and you may not care.

A Mini Torii or the SE34i would get you to 95db, no problem.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print