Send Topic Print
Carver upgraded C9 (Read 7226 times)
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Carver upgraded C9
12/01/11 at 18:01:33

Very soon, I will be listing an upgraded Carver C9 unit. I have recapped it, and replaced all of the rca connectors with chassis mount gold plated ones. Also, I have added ferrite filter to the ac line (internally) to help squelch rfi. The circuit board has been damped, and the feet have been replaced. I will have photos soon. I plan to have a sale price of $150+ shipping.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Re: Carver upgraded C9
Reply #1 - 12/03/11 at 23:45:48

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #2 - 12/04/11 at 00:17:11

Looks great, an interesting unit.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #3 - 12/04/11 at 00:35:02

Lon,  I have used this unit on and off for years. Sometimes a recording just doesn't 'fill the bill', and in an attempt to do what I can, this unit is used. With a system that has great 3D imagery, this unit is used less often. And when it is a great recording, there certainly is no need for it. Just an enhancement tool for some of those beloved recordings that could benefit from this.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #4 - 12/04/11 at 00:40:52

Yes, I know they have a great reputation. And you've improved it!

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #5 - 12/04/11 at 01:28:13

Thanks Lon, This little journey started awhile back when I began to wonder how I might improve the performance of this unit. Turns out, replacing all of the caps is a good start, and I decided to add a few things. On the way, I discovered  another, more rare unit, the H9. This unit was made to improve movie soundtracks as well as audio with the addition of two more outputs i.e., one L+R, and and one L-R. This held interest for me, since the L+R output could be used as a center channel for audio.  I have always wanted to try that. So, not only did I upgrade this unit, I have bought two more to upgrade, paying for the new unit. Hope everyone is happy in the end.

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Re: Carver upgraded C9 SOLD
Reply #6 - 12/05/11 at 15:49:29

SOLD      No surprise it went so fast.

I HAVE YET ANOTHER C9 THAT HAS ALL THE SAME UPGRADES EXCEPT A POWER SWITCH. PRICE IS THE SAME.

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #7 - 12/05/11 at 16:57:31

Oh gabby me. There is something of interest that I should mention about the C9 units that you may see for sale elsewhere. FYI: Make sure that they are the second version produced. It is easy to tell because the first version was of a rack mount design. Don't recall what the difference was, except it was important enough for a second version almost right away.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print