Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 09:11:24 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Troubleshooting MkII Problem (Read 5900 times)
nsj
Ex Member

Troubleshooting MkII Problem
11/24/11 at 19:59:41

Happy Thanksgiving to all! I received the ZCD that I bought from Jason on this forum and swapped it into my system (Torii MkII/ERR's) last night. In so doing I noticed that one of the speaker output posts on the MkII was loose. I can actually spin the post clockwise and counter-clockwise. The other posts are rock solid. When I turned it on, sure enough, the right speaker was silent.

Can anyone tell me what lies beneath this speaker output post, i.e. is it a soldered connection that might have failed? I will call Decware on Monday, but, I am just curious. The good news is that the ZCD on one speaker still sounds better than the old source on 2 speakers!

Best,

Nsj

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Troubleshooting MkII Problem
Reply #1 - 11/24/11 at 20:34:04

N,

So sorry to read that! I've never peeked under the hood on the Torii Mk II. . . .I imagine that there's something you could do to repair this, but can't offer specific information. Hope you have it up and running properly again soon!

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
nsj
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 11/24/11 at 20:43:59

Lon,

Long time...I was hoping that I might hear from you! Happy Thanksgiving to you. I know that the ZCD was a bit too forward for your taste, but, with the voltage regulator option I am quite happy with the improvement in sound over my old rig!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 11/24/11 at 20:47:42

Yes, I've got a brief break from the Holiday here, in between visits with my gal and some of her family.

It's a find product. Yes, too forward in my system for me. But a very good player, and I know you're going to enjoy spinning discs!  Keep on having a nice holiday!

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print