Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/04/24 at 12:02:33 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Decware SE34 Monoblock amplfiers for sale (Read 5413 times)
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Decware SE34 Monoblock amplfiers for sale
11/15/11 at 18:22:36

I'm continuing to reduce the number of amps I have on hand that aren't going to see use and are great amps that should be used and enjoyed.

For sale are my Decweare single-ended EL34 Monoblocks. These amps are in Select chassis and are solid-state rectified, use EL34 tubes and 6N1P or 6N2P input tubes. They have a slightly more detailed sound than the SE34.I.2 Integrated; I find the Integrated just slightly more "forgiving." These were completely rebuilt less than two years ago by Steve, and are well-seasoned amplifiers with Mullard Reissue cry'od EL34 tubes with at least four to six months of life left, and stock input tubes. They have that total channel separation that separate monoblock amps bring, and the Decware SET magic. Five watts per channel.

There are two inputs, one governed by the volume control, one a direct input that bypasses the volume control. There is a bias switch similar to that used on other Decware amps with a choice between a neutral and a "hotter" bias on the tubes. Either set of speaker connections may be used on each amp. I'm unsure if both can be used at once.

I'm interested in selling these for 700 dollars including postage to a US address. If interested, please contact lonjazz@yahoo.com  Thanks!

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Decware SE34 Monoblock amplfiers for sale
Reply #1 - 11/15/11 at 21:45:03

On hold at the moment. Smiley

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Chris Bowen
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 11/16/11 at 05:22:02

Hello - I am interested.

Could you tell me a little bit more about these please - I dont remember seeing these before -- are they official Decware models?   I like the look of them Smiley

Also - do you have any pics of the internals?  even if not still for sale I am interested in seeing

Thanks

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 11/16/11 at 12:28:40

Hi Chris. These are sold. I don't have pics of the internals, and I don't want to open them up and phhotograph. These are amps that Steve made for a while but aren't a catalog item now, I believe they would have to be ordered as custom amps. I really enjoyed them for years as my main amps in a smaller room. They have a very similar sound to the Integrated, but with the solid state rectification they are a bit different, I think the rectification is spot on actually, and I was happy not to have to roll rectifier tubes, I enjoy not worrying about better sound possibly lurking out there somewhere!

IP Logged
don pettit
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 11/16/11 at 14:26:28

lon,  i also have solid state rectification on my old se34.1.  to your comment about being relieved at not having to roll tubes in order to obtain that "right" sound i will add  amen, brother!  don

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print